Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Would like your thoughts on Dick Cepek Tires

Old 07-30-2015, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would like your thoughts on Dick Cepek Tires

Looking to replace my worn out MT/R's on my daily driver. I'm in the snow belt so I need something with good traction in the winter.
I considering Nitto Trail Grapplers, or possibly Dick Cepek Fun Country or Extreme Country.
I would like to hear your opinions in regards to these tires, for example wear, quiet on the road, etc.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:01 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

I ran the FC IIs way back when. Switched to Duratracs over 100K miles ago. IMHO, a lot better overall tire. Great in snowy weather. Their downside is mud where they don't clear well, but short of a dedicated MT that is to be expected. The FC IIs were, to me, scary on wet pavement at Interstate speeds.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:34 PM
JK Newbie

I had the DC Fun Country II's on my '02 Blazer ZR2, sounded sweet, sukked in the snow. They dug good,, but they dug down instead of out. Love my GY Duratraks on the Wrangler
Old 07-30-2015, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Running the Fun Countries in 315-70-17s now. Good in mud. Poor in snow. Only moderately loud on the road but ride rough at hi way speeds. I'll be changing to Goodyears soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1339991819.jpg
Views:	550
Size:	498.7 KB
ID:	619849
Old 07-31-2015, 02:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had Duratracs on another vehicle and they were awful in the snow......maybe it was just the vehicle!

The original rubicon tires do great, so I have been trying to find a tread that looks like them.......that is why I was looking at Nitto as well.

Keep the comments coming!
Old 07-31-2015, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WLFMOON
I had Duratracs on another vehicle and they were awful in the snow......maybe it was just the vehicle!

The original rubicon tires do great, so I have been trying to find a tread that looks like them.......that is why I was looking at Nitto as well.

Keep the comments coming!
My friend ran Fun Country's for years and they were the best snow tire in the group. I've run a lot of tires and the Dura Tracs are one of the best in the snow that I have tried. Tire opinions are as variable as the weather!!

Quick Reply: Would like your thoughts on Dick Cepek Tires