Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

would like opinions on ths best 3r4"suspensions lift sfor under a $1000

Old 12-02-2008, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NE Wrangling
Be very clear with what Jk you have, a 2 door will need driveline changes for a 4" lift. At least it's highly recommended because of the pinion angle will be to steep. Also with 4" lift the steering will feel flighty and you should get trackbar relocation brackets or adjustable trackbars.

Do you have an automatic or a 6 spd? An automatic would also have the driveline rub against the skid because the pinion angle has changed.

There are many economy systems out there for a 3" lift. pretty much everyone carries at least one version in between 2.5" and 4". Your list has a good selection of vendors with good products. But if you are planning to run 35" tires you won't need to go as high as 4" and get away with 2.5" lift. What kind of driving are you planning on doing? Street only, mild trails, rock climbs?

i have a auto...probaly wont go as high as 4"....daily driver,muddin,trails,and occasionaly will go do rock climbs but nothing extreme
Old 12-02-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check Zone out. I am very happy with it.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

If you don't want to spend a bunch of money on other things such as driveshafts and control arms, I'd highly recommend something in the 2.5" range. I previously had the Rusty's 2" kit on mine and it was perfect for a kit that was springs and shocks only. It never got flighty, and handled well both onroad and off. I there there are a few other 2.5" spring kits that would be as good or better, such as Teraflex or Rough Country.

Then, for $120 +/- you can add a 1" body lift which should give you plenty to clear 35's. This will give you a good looking lift without having to purchase all of the expensive extras to properly run a 3 or 4" lift. If I remember correctly, ArmyCop has a Rusty's 2" kit and 1" body lift.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wink I have a 3" Teraflex

Originally Posted by pooswa
I Been Looking At:
Teraflex
Trailmaster
Black Diamond
Rough Country
Procomp
Superlift

Want to run a 35 inch tire

If There Are Any Others I Should Look At Please Tell Me

Any Help That Yall Give Me Will Be Appreciated.

Thanks
Hey Pooswa, I have the TeraFlex 3", when I bought it I told the guy I wanted it to be a complete kit. He told me, "With the $697.00 kit you're looking at you'll need the front lower control arms, adjustable front track bar, and the upper rear control arms. I spent right about $1000.00 and I am completely satisfied with this kit, 35" wheels look great underneath it and my friend and I made some square fenders for the front. Here are some pictures:

http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic1iq3.jpg
http://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic2vc9.jpg
http://img65.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic3gr9.jpg
Old 12-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

I'd say go with the Teraflex out of the choices you listed previously. I am very satisfied with my 4 inch Teraflex lift..
Old 12-05-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the help.Havent decided yet but i got alot to think about,
Old 12-05-2008, 10:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dude pick now, pick now, you have to pick now. Let us know who's advice your gonna take....
Old 12-06-2008, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Well based on your description so far and the type of wheeling you are going to do I'd recommend the 2.5" spring lift from one of the vendors out there. Tera or rough country make this kit and it is perfect for a 35" tire. I'd say go to 3" but at that point you could need allot more upgrades like the adj track bar and lower arms.

I'd also recommend getting a shock upgrade and this is where the $ can get high.

OME also has a really great setup with shocks that rides real nice.

Check the vendor section because I beleive several have deals right now including a more advanced kit like currie's which is right under 1000.00 but it's very complete.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

How much lift are you guys actually getting with the Terra 3" and 4" lifts?
Old 12-07-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

bump......

Quick Reply: would like opinions on ths best 3r4"suspensions lift sfor under a $1000