Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Would this 4" lift set-up work for me?

Old 08-11-2010, 10:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks a little less crazy without the xenons and the BL. Here's a shot before I added the PJ rocker guards to give you an idea. Keep in mind also that if you add a winch to the front and/or a heavy front bumper it would probably suck down about another inch or 2 from whats shown in these pics. With my light ass stubby, I got about 5.5" of lift in the front

I like the flex I get out of it alot too, it's pretty decent for a short arm lift.

And now I can do this!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya I like your rig a lot. and that last picture in the sand is pretty awesome too

One day......
Old 08-12-2010, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zippyd8
I have a stock manual 2008 jk wrangler 2 door. I want to get a 4 inch lift and get some 35's on 17 inch wheels. What type of lift would be best for me? Maybe someone out there has a similar set-up with the same driving style as me:

I use my jeep as my daily driver so I mostly use it on road.

When I go wheeling I like to use it mostly on trails, decent sized rocks, and mud on the occasion it actually rains in southern Cali

I am pretty much set on getting 35 x 12.5 R17 BFGoodrich T/A KO tires. Undecided on 17" wheels to go with them, but they're gonna be black

I am really interested in the Rancho 4" Sport suspension lift. It costs about 1000 bucks which includes RS9000x shocks, and then there is a $500 rebate. So it will only be about $500 out the door. Would this suspension lift be good? Has anyone tried this lift kit? It seems like a killer price too.

Also, since I am going from a completely stock ride, what else is necessary? (Re-gearing, etc). I am still learning

THANKS!!!!!
Check this thread out, along with my profile specs. Love the Procomp, Fantastic ride!!it was a 2 1/2" but gave me more. The info in my profile will tell ya exactly what it is..

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...Pics-and-stats
Old 08-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brashanic
4" short arm. fox shocks. works very very well. still running it......the only thing i would think of changing to is 6" long arm. but i am not even sure about that. it just works really really well.
I totally agree and its not because i just so happened to be having a huge sale on these kits...haha, this just works out well. We have been selling this combo since the tj and as time has gone on the products just keep getting better and better.

It is a price jump but you get what you pay for...and expect to do driveshafts.

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/JK

The above link is to our jk home page if you have any question just ask, pm, email, or call.

Thanks,
Dan

Quick Reply: Would this 4" lift set-up work for me?