Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Would this 4" lift set-up work for me?

Old 08-11-2010, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright sorry for so many ignorant questions but I need to learn this stuff haha

Could I get a, for example, 2.5" suspension lift, then a 1" body lift on top? Because that would save me from getting all those extra parts required to run a 4" suspension lift, but still give me great clearance for 35" tires and give my jeep "the look" right?
Old 08-11-2010, 07:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zippyd8
Alright sorry for so many ignorant questions but I need to learn this stuff haha

Could I get a, for example, 2.5" suspension lift, then a 1" body lift on top? Because that would save me from getting all those extra parts required to run a 4" suspension lift, but still give me great clearance for 35" tires and give my jeep "the look" right?
Exactly what I did when I ran 35's, sort of, I had a 2in BB and 1in bl. Alot of people run the combo your talking about. Works well.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Alright cool. I'm gonna look for a 2.5" or 3" lift plus 1" body lift then.

I can feel the knowledge growing inside me haha
Old 08-11-2010, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I have the 4" Superlift and I love it. I added the full set of Teraflex arms and adjusted everything to correct the driveline angles well enough. The Superlift came with an adjustable front track bar and I got it a long time ago, I think the new ones come with both front and rear. Mine also came with 2 actual rear trackbar brackets, the one that bolts on and then a piece that welds around it for extra stability.

I still run the stock driveshafts.

I stil run the Dana 30. I added C gussets and LCA skids.

Not sure what the fear is with the 4" lifts. I think it looks great and the added clearance has helped me more than once. I've rubbed only once at full stuff and I was truly surprised. I like my approach angle more than some of the guys running the 2.5" lifts I wheel with and I scrape alot less on the rocks than most of them.

I plan to eventually get new driveshafts, but only when these fail and I plan to run 37s or larger in the future on my 30 till it breaks. At that point I may consider a new front axle (or axles, like an old kingpin 60 and gm 14 bolt sitting in my girlfriends dad's backyard.)

So there you have it, I have a 2 door 6 speed running 35s on a 4" Superlift with minor D30 upgrades and the full set of Teraflex arms.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joneszj
I have the 4" Superlift and I love it. I added the full set of Teraflex arms and adjusted everything to correct the driveline angles well enough. The Superlift came with an adjustable front track bar and I got it a long time ago, I think the new ones come with both front and rear. Mine also came with 2 actual rear trackbar brackets, the one that bolts on and then a piece that welds around it for extra stability.

Not sure what the fear is with the 4" lifts. I think it looks great and the added clearance has helped me more than once. I've rubbed only once at full stuff and I was truly surprised. I like my approach angle more than some of the guys running the 2.5" lifts I wheel with and I scrape alot less on the rocks than most of them.

I plan to eventually get new driveshafts, but only when these fail and I plan to run 37s or larger in the future on my 30 till it breaks. At that point I may consider a new front axle (or axles, like an old kingpin 60 and gm 14 bolt sitting in my girlfriends dad's backyard.)

So there you have it, I have a 2 door 6 speed running 35s on a 4" Superlift with minor D30 upgrades and the full set of Teraflex arms.

interesting. it seems like most people are against it but IT CAN BE DONE

honestly I'm starting to think since my jeep is mostly just a daily driver, even though
I do rockcrawling occasionally, it will be the more economical route and it will still give enough clearance for 35's if i get a 2.5" plus 1".

or a 3" plus 1".
Old 08-11-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by joneszj

I ran the 4in Superlift w /35's aswell, kinda funky lookin with the zenons and a 1in bl though

Click image for larger version

Name:	Coles Creek Trail Ride 034..jpg
Views:	65
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	81448

Kinda matched the YJ behind me though
Old 08-11-2010, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
I ran the 4in Superlift w /35's aswell, kinda funky lookin with the zenons and a 1in bl though

Attachment 81448

Kinda matched the YJ behind me though

ya maybe the 1" bl looks crazy because of the fenders. but damn it looks good
Old 08-11-2010, 07:54 PM
JK Freak

Keep in mind a quality 2.5" lift kit will actually give you more like 3-3.5" of true lift height. You will have plenty of clearance for 35" tires with the lift alone and it will look great. If you feel you need more clearance, you can always add flat fenders or a 1" body lift later.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by zippyd8
ya maybe the 1" bl looks crazy because of the fenders. but damn it looks good
It flexed pretty well too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Superlift ORV Park in Arkansas 377..jpg
Views:	81
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	81453
Old 08-11-2010, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by river2c
Keep in mind a quality 2.5" lift kit will actually give you more like 3-3.5" of true lift height. You will have plenty of clearance for 35" tires with the lift alone and it will look great. If you feel you need more clearance, you can always add flat fenders or a 1" body lift later.

I guess I will have to see how much lift it actually gives me before I add anything else.

Quick Reply: Would this 4" lift set-up work for me?