Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Worth switching to KOs from KM2s

Old 06-17-2011, 05:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jay01th
If you look at the Survey on Tire Rack, I think the KM2 got a 7.8 noise rating and the A/Ts got a 7.9 which is about idetical IMO
Yep saw that, but they have the 2 tires in two different survey categories, with the KM2s being rated in the "off road maximum traction" survey and the KOs in the "all terrain" survey.

Don't get me wrong, I was a little surprised at the noise yesterday on the way home, the KM2s growl much louder though.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have had mine for about 3 weeks now, and i like them so far. I really didn't notice any noise going from the bridgestone dueler at (Sahara tires) to the KO's. Wish i would have seen your post sooner, i would have offered to take you for a ride in mine since we're both near Conroe.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	With New Wheels1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	172548   Click image for larger version

Name:	With New Wheels2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	172549  
Old 06-17-2011, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's a good tire. Had some on my TJ and on my LJ. You won't be disappointed. They do last a very long time.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can notice a big difference in how smooth they are compared to the KM2s. The rig gets up to 70 mph faster and feels a bit more stable doing it. I should have went this route to begin with. I'm not crapping on the KM2s they are a serious tire for off road but not what I needed.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have both in 35" size for my Jeep.

The KOs are great on road and most trails. They are solid, quiet enough and reasonably comfortable. Tread life has been really good.
The KM2s are great off-road, a bit noisy on-road. They are heavier and have a bit of a tread vibe at lower speeds. Haven't had them long enough to see how they wear.

Quick Reply: Worth switching to KOs from KM2s