Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Worst accessories

Old 07-02-2007, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The WORST accy: factory MOPAR bug deflector...

So here's my candidate for worst accessory, primarily because I consider it to be defective. I bought this fine piece of plastic from my local dealer for about $90. Suffice it to say, I'm really PO'd at my results thus far...

It installed easily enough and does have a nice Jeep logo molded into it. However, my 1st trip out through bug country and my windshield still gets splattered with insects. :angry::angry: Doesn't work at all and I'm know planning on filing a complaint with DCX, NHTSA and ACLU! Other drives have yielded the same result! I'm tired of cleaning my windshield!

Seems like DCX could have tested the bug/wind deflector better... maybe release a bunch of bugs while they had the JK in the wind tunnel? Heck, they probably could have killed 2 birds with 1 stone (don't get me started on the stone chips "issue" I thought this'd also solve): Improved JK aerodynamics and solved insect deflection at the same time! Why do engineers always miss the obvious????!!!

The only good thing I can say is that it doesn't seem to be made of the same scratchy plastic in my interior, but it's much more annoying!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey! knock off the trash talk... i have the tube bumper and the H2 hood sticker! I can't tell you how many compliments i get from jeepers out there... most of em want to know if i will sell it to them!

oh... and BTW... whoever posted the picture of my H2... that picture is copyrighted... take it down or pay me 100.00 posting fee!

Quick Reply: Worst accessories