Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Worst accessories

Old 07-02-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Is it sfe to look, is that monstrous bling toy gone?! I had to run out and stare at my Jeep to get my pulse rate back down.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:22 PM
JK Junkie

The scary thing is, some yuppy will buy that blingstrosity and try to offroad it... the sunlight collected and reflected by the chrome will start a wildfire, and all the extra weight from that chrome will get that Hummer good and stuck... so in the end, you'll have roast yuppy served with a heaping side of molten Hummer...
Old 07-02-2007, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think THIS has gotta rank up there with the worst accessory ever:

Off-Road Commode, Model# ORC
Every sportsman needs his own throne, and the Off-Road Commode fits the bill — with comfort and luxury to boot! Easily attaches to any 2in. receiver hitch and supports up to 500 lbs. The 1 5/16in. dia. steel tube seat is covered with soft, padded camo. A great gift for hunting, fishing and camping buddies! Not for use when vehicle is in motion. Can get slippery when wet.
I especially like the last two sentences

I can see it now after a trailside lunch stop,... "Honey, get the kids back into the Jeep. I gotta take a dump."

Last edited by schwarzjp; 07-02-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by schwarzjp
I think THIS has gotta rank up there with the worst accessory ever:

I especially like the last two sentences

I can see it now after a trailside lunch stop,... "Honey, get the kids back into the Jeep. I gotta take a dump."

All I can say is HOLY SHIT!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

NO WAY!!! The commode is fricken kool!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:06 PM
JK Junkie

Especially when you have the squirts and can't get there in time!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by billycj7
looks like somebody drove through tackytown with a shit magnet!

Old 07-02-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
The worst accessory I have found so far has to be the little sunglass clips that go on your visor. They pop off after about 10 minutes. Prolly cause of the tapered design of the visor and the material the visor is made from. I put them on and went back to my Jeep after a few mins. and they were gone. I thought, "WTF", someone stole 'em. I found them later in the back seat from being shot from the visor. Kinda funny
Hah! I have one of those thingy's in my JK. I thought someone was messing with me, because I'd get out of my Jeep come back later and there it was laying in the passenger seat... Also thought: WTF??!! Why would anyone want to do that? Finally figgered it out, as you did. I cut a little strip of rubber (a small piece out of a leaky bicycle tube) and stuck under the clip to prevent slippage... Worked great!

Those only cost about a buck each... At least they're cheap and serve some function. How much does that Bestop applique nightmare cost??? Ack!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rupedog
I think my EX wife sitting in the right seat was the worst acc. I've ever had.

oops, did I just type that. lol

Hah! Yeah, but thankfully Jeep did away with the "conniving seat-warmer" option years ago!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

[quote=schwarzjp;122681]I think THIS has gotta rank up there with the worst accessory ever:

No way, man!! That is a very practical accessory! I'm sure the camo (especially the brown part) will be welcome when things get... ahem... "slippery"... ugh! That thing, I think, is a rip. If you're gonna buy one of those, you need to get Uncle Booger's BumperDumper...

www.bumperdumper.com

Thankfully, no affiliation or an endorsment... blah, blah... disclaimer, blah... blah... But I believe it to be the original.

Quick Reply: Worst accessories