Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

worried and need to advice..

Old 06-05-2012, 03:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you wheel? And if so, do you disconnect or go over a lot of high break-over areas? If so and if you have longer shocks in the kit, you'll probably eventually need aftermarket double cardan driveshafts.

If you don't wheel, do just simple trails, or have standard length shocks, you'll never drop your axles enough to have to worry about it.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wheel mine kinda hard, from rocks to mud and everything in between but I look if you want the lift go for it. They way I've been looking is mine been in for 2 years of dd and trails, an stock parts are starting to show up used so when mine break I'll install other people take offs till I can afford to buy upgraded ones. Just start searching the forums around your area and buy the take offs for your own trail spares. It's cheeper then Buying new, and you'll get the lift you want now.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2dr auto rubi with 2.5 spacers. Close to a 3" lift. If not more. I wheel with full flex on stock ds, still look brand new imo. Also i dont disconnect to chance breaking a ds. Mine is a dd also and i work 2 jobs so i have to depend on my jeep. I would go with a 2.5" lift, most 2.5s net about 3 anyway. Am like other reply, replace it when it breaks
Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 PM
JK Freak

Just get a 2.5" lift, and keep your drive line happy.

Quick Reply: worried and need to advice..