Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

woods evap reloc issues

Old 05-10-2008, 04:12 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Woods
... just yesterday, I finished a revision on the evap can relocation instructions. Now all of the drilling is done from above. This makes the install easier and faster and eliminates the need for a compact drill motor .
Can I get a copy? I was planning to do this mod this morning, but maybe I'll wait for the revised instructions. I'll PM you with an e-mail address.
Old 05-10-2008, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As requested...foto of evap skid...note the "beefy" bracket...not to hijack this thread, Woods, I am sure, makes a fine product, and I am impressed with his pro-active approach to solving the issues some have had after their install... I just prefer the sometimes "lesser is more" when it comes to my mods...

Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	9027
Old 05-10-2008, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Brett, any chance I can get a revised copy of the install instructions? I have yet to install mine (just need a few free minutes.....).
Old 05-10-2008, 06:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dr.dirty
sombody is grumpy
Somebody is always that way.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

I just ordered the evap relocation kit with the new instructions, im going to try to do a write up over it, because I am rather .........actually I am totally new to the mod world and If I can do it, trust me, anyone can. This will be a great test on how good the instructions are lol.

Just by judging how good the SS instructions are id say they will be great.

Last edited by derekls; 05-10-2008 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Woods, along with David at Northridge are living examples of great customer service.
I agree. I havent dealt much with woods yet, but from what I have, he has been great.

David is awesome. I just wished he was closer to me so he could have installed my lift for me, lol
Old 05-10-2008, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dustoff '68
As requested...foto of evap skid...note the "beefy" bracket...not to hijack this thread, Woods, I am sure, makes a fine product, and I am impressed with his pro-active approach to solving the issues some have had after their install... I just prefer the sometimes "lesser is more" when it comes to my mods...

Attachment 9027
That skid plate doesnt look like it would much for me. When I ripped my evap can off, and I do mean totally off, It hooked the corner of a rock right there on the side, not from the bottom. And how does adding a "beefy" skid plate relate to "lesser is more"? Just move it, its easier
Old 06-03-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since Woods is a well known Sponsor on this site I am not going into all the details. His kit is complete and highly recommend him for the source of your parts. This installation took approx 2-3 hours (could go faster if you dont have kids ). I recommend removing the parts and cleaning them first to remove any road grime, mud, clay, etc. Having a dremel or equivalent made this job cake. If you do not have a decent set of tools, cutting tools, time, paint, patience etc. Then look for some help or pay to have it done.

The reason I bought the kit was due to trail damage. I came over a large over hang, up a steep hill, then I saw the look on my buddies face! Man you broke something man. I knew exactly what it was when he said it...

NOW ONTO THE INSTALL.

Just getting started.

Adapter plate before painting and mounting.

Cutting the factory mount is easy with a metal cutting disc.

After the Cut I painted the bare metal on the plate and the holes I drilled.

Black semi-gloss, I painted the entire assembly, Woods directions say to just paint the plate but I decided it would look better as one entire unit.

Cut holes in the storage area sound dampening material to recess the bolts and keep the floor flat.

Installed and tightened. It helps during this part to have a friend hold the bolts with a wrench while you tighten everything up from the bottom.

In its new home its just above the rear axle, Very nice and cozy up there. Should have come this way stock but now it looks as if it did. I painted all the holes on the Jeep to keep the body from rusting before I mounted it.

Factory looking finish,safe, and out of the way.

In conclusion, the directions were so good my 22 month old knew what to hand me as far as tools went! LOL. This kit is awesome and well worth the little money you spend on it! I had one question about a difference between the 2dr and 4dr. Woods was on call and had me going in about 5 seconds!

Woods, product, and materials were A+, just bring some good tools and patience.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rock hard kit too.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rustler
Rock hard kit too.
If you had read the thread this is pertaining to Woods Relocation Kit only.

Woods, I removed the O-ring behind the white thingee, removed some small dirt on the gasket and then OILED it with used motor oil. Put everything back together and installed the white thingee so that the wire harness is just like yours in the instructions. I did this yesterday afternnoon and this morning only 12 hours later and the gascap error was gone!

FIXED! Thank you for spending the time with me on the phone. Your customer support is above par for the course!!!

The oil on the O-ring was my idea, so feel free to share it.

Quick Reply: woods evap reloc issues