Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Won't start

Old 07-19-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Won't start

Ok, so I just finished putting my jeep back together from a few days of working on it. I replaced my wires, and plugs, and pulled the injectors and fuel rail. Everything is back together now but I can't get it to start. It turns over but will not start. I can hear something humming when I turn the key on (fuel pump?) and I checked for codes but I'm not getting any codes. I'm thinking I just need to get the fuel lines, rail and injectors to fill back up with gas but I would have thought that would be all set by now. I have turned the key to on and cranked it over quite a few times. Is there something I need to do to get the fuel rail to prime? If it was a sensor issue, wouldn't I get a code error? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 07-20-2014, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Why did you pull the injectors and fuel rail? Were you doing something deeper in the engine you didn't mention?you can pull a plug,see if its wet to ck for fuel.ground the plug with it hooked to the wire and watch for spark while someone cranks it.fuel.fire.compression are all you need to make it run.find out which one is missing.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:04 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I found the problem and a dumb one it was. I was focused on a fuel issue and but I failed to plug my coil pack in. I pushed it all the way in and it's all better now.

Quick Reply: Won't start