Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wobble at 55 MPH

Old 02-14-2013, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe it's that Smitty err I mean Chinese bumper on the front that's causing you issues...
Old 02-14-2013, 05:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpicedCrusher
Maybe it's that Smitty err I mean Chinese bumper on the front that's causing you issues...
Haha could be I deleted that post by the way. Thank you from keeping me from ripping someone off it was stupid of me.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem. I know times are tough and all but that was pretty bad. Oh well...
Old 02-14-2013, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LikeMike850
Got an alignment and tires rotated and balanced but still have my wobble:(
If you look at my post history you can ind my thread. I am also dealing with this right now, much lower speed, wish I could get to 55.

I too have had the tires balanced, castor tweaked, front end aligned, replaced the drag link (both ends), switched between the rock krawler and JKS trackbars, larger bolts, different bolts, washers, no washers, torque to 160lbs....

I checked the ball joints the way that planman shows in his video, videos are posted in my thread. They seemed good via that check.

However, I got to the point that I dropped the spindles and actually checked....

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...A7B0E241DE.mp4
Old 02-14-2013, 07:20 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepin_tiger

If you look at my post history you can ind my thread. I am also dealing with this right now, much lower speed, wish I could get to 55.

I too have had the tires balanced, castor tweaked, front end aligned, replaced the drag link (both ends), switched between the rock krawler and JKS trackbars, larger bolts, different bolts, washers, no washers, torque to 160lbs....

I checked the ball joints the way that planman shows in his video, videos are posted in my thread. They seemed good via that check.

However, I got to the point that I dropped the spindles and actually checked....

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/k...A7B0E241DE.mp4
Alright thanks man! I'll check it out!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll let you know if the new ball joints actually solve the problem. Hopefully I will finally get them in today. Not sure if the link to the video worked, but the lower ball joints were shot.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Death wobble is a simple fix of its stock bolts. Go to a hard ware store and get new half threads. The factory used full threads and they wear down over time. It's going to cost 20 bucks to fix it.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Winged
Death wobble is a simple fix of its stock bolts. Go to a hard ware store and get new half threads. The factory used full threads and they wear down over time. It's going to cost 20 bucks to fix it.
Already got te northride 9/16 bot kit..
Old 02-14-2013, 11:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jeepin_tiger
I'll let you know if the new ball joints actually solve the problem. Hopefully I will finally get them in today. Not sure if the link to the video worked, but the lower ball joints were shot.
Ok! Let me know how it goes!
Old 02-14-2013, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
I had wobble like that. I put on new Poly ball joints in,new Bilstein stabilizer, had the 9/16 bolt kit, new RK draglink with Moog ends, Currie Tie Rod all installed and death wobble went away but not shimmy at 55. Finally got new Toyo MT's to replace constantly out of balance GY MTR's...wallah!!! Soft riding yet firm No shimmy!!!
Getting that same damn shake in my diesel with 37" Kevlars! Time for some Toyo's

Quick Reply: Wobble at 55 MPH