Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wobble or ?

Old 02-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooternb84
So, 2 years ago I did a 2.5 coil lift. I never loosened anything and re-torqued like suggested. Has it been too long to correct this in my case? I have had a slight wobble when braking like the op said, but have foolishly put it off.
The sooner the better. You may have already worn out the bushings after 2 years.

Loosen all the control arm and trackbar bolts, rock the vehicle to unbind everything, and retorque the bolts to spec.

Certainly, if it has been more than 6k miles, you should take a torque wrench to all your control arm and trackbar bolts.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:08 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hrdtyme
I hope I used proper penmanship.
I'm a Finance professor, not an English professor.

I didn't have a hard time understanding what you were asking.

It just gets a little frustrating when some people don't use punctuation, blend everything into one paragraph with no caps, and throw in occasional exclamation points. It is nearly impossible to understand what they are saying or asking.

I have elementary school nieces and nephews who communicate and write with greater clarity than some of the posters here.

One nephew is a 16 year old high school drop out, who hasn't passed an English class since he was 12 years old, and has been stoned on pot most all the time. He writes with more clarity than some of the posts here. (We shipped him off last month to a boot camp school to get clean and pass his GED.)

I don't know if mojo is a high school graduate, or stoned while he posts, or just doesn't understand basic courtesy of writing with clarity, but I've tried to understand what he is saying and have posted in his threads to answer his questions. I haven't walked in his shoes and don't know where he's coming from. Maybe, his writing is the best he can do.

All he had to do is post something like:

Could it be that you decided to use polyurethane coil spacers instead of a metal coil spacer like the JKS ACOS?

At least, that is what I think he was trying to say before he accused another member of being a brown noser for simply stating that I was trying to help and knew what I was talking about.

Anyway, rant over. Glad you fixed your problem.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planman

I'm a Finance professor, not an English professor.

I didn't have a hard time understanding what you were asking.

It just gets a little frustrating when some people don't use punctuation, blend everything into one paragraph with no caps, and throw in occasional exclamation points. It is nearly impossible to understand what they are saying or asking.

I have elementary school nieces and nephews who communicate and write with greater clarity than some of the posters here.

One nephew is a 16 year old high school drop out, who hasn't passed an English class since he was 12 years old, and has been stoned on pot most all the time. He writes with more clarity than some of the posts here. (We shipped him off last month to a boot camp school to get clean and pass his GED.)

I don't know if mojo is a high school graduate, or stoned while he posts, or just doesn't understand basic courtesy of writing with clarity, but I've tried to understand what he is saying and have posted in his threads to answer his questions. I haven't walked in his shoes and don't know where he's coming from. Maybe, his writing is the best he can do.

All he had to do is post something like:

Could it be that you decided to use polyurethane coil spacers instead of a metal coil spacer like the JKS ACOS?

At least, that is what I think he was trying to say before he accused another member of being a brown noser for simply stating that I was trying to help and knew what I was talking about.

Anyway, rant over. Glad you fixed your problem.
Well said my fellow Jeeper, thanks again.

Quick Reply: Wobble or ?