Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wobble or ?

Old 02-17-2014, 05:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default yes we knew this !

Originally Posted by planman
The OP installed a 1" coil spacer on top of a 4" coil lift an now has a shimmy/wobble while braking.
i wasnt asking you a question

you asked me to explain . did i need to i guess not !

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-17-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
i wasnt asking you a question you asked me to explain . did i need to i guess not !
What do your posts have to do with this thread?

I couldn't tell if you were asking a question or trying to explain why he has a wobble.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

Default because im the one that suggested 1 " spacer in the fist place

but again i dont see why im explaining myself to you . it could have somthing t do with his wobble seeing he didnt have a wobble before this . comprend?

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-17-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Plainman is one of the only reliable guys in the jk world that i personally would let work on my jeep and your being confusing and rude. And dont add a question mark when you are not asking a question retard. I really dont see what theres trolls on the forum world
Old 02-17-2014, 06:48 PM
JK Junkie

Default yep full of trolls for sure

and brown nosers your statement dosent make sence who is plainman haha ( i really dont see what theres trolls on the forum world) look whos confusing ! and most likely retarded . ( another one of these threads ? shut her down .

Originally Posted by Garrett J.KU
Ok Plainman is one of the only reliable guys in the jk world that i personally would let work on my jeep and your being confusing and rude. And dont add a question mark when you are not asking a question retard. I really dont see what theres trolls on the forum world

Last edited by jeepmojo; 02-17-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:15 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Originally Posted by jeepmojo
but again i dont see why im explaining myself to you . it could have somthing t do with his wobble seeing he didnt have a wobble before this . comprend?
Okay. Now I understand. You are trying to say that you think using a polyurethane coil spacer could be the source of the wobble. Right?

No. That isn't it. Springs don't cause wobbles while braking.

By the way, capitalization and punctuation are worth all the time they take to place. It lessens the chance of being perceived as stupid.

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Punctuation is the difference between knowing your shit, and knowing you're shit.

5 more seconds to not look like a high school dropout, and allow readers to comprehend what you are trying to say.

Last edited by planman; 02-17-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:27 PM
JK Junkie

Maybe he knows he is shit and that's why he helped his uncle jack off the horse.

Kindly back on topic now that the elementary level grammar issue has been addressed- resetting the resting position of the arms is something that should be done any time the suspension is changed but people rarely do it.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Originally Posted by karls
Maybe he knows he is shit and that's why he helped his uncle jack off the horse.

Kindly back on topic now that the elementary level grammar issue has been addressed- resetting the resting position of the arms is something that should be done any time the suspension is changed but people rarely do it.
Without proper grammar and punctuation, who knows?

You are correct. Most inexperienced installers--and some experienced ones--don't realize the importance of having rubber bushings pinched between the control arm and trackbar brackets in a neutral position. This results in premature bushing wear, shimmies/wobbles, etc.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

You are correct. Most inexperienced installers--and some experienced ones--don't realize the importance of having rubber bushings pinched between the control arm and trackbar brackets in a neutral position. This results in premature bushing wear, shimmies/wobbles, etc.
Wow that was some feedback. I think my problem is solved now. What I did was added adjustable lower control arms and loosened and retightened all bushings. So far no problem. I don't know if it was the bushings or if it was the control arms but problem solved so far.
Thanks for the help and the debate, lol. I hope I used proper penmanship. Anyhow thx again guys!
Old 02-18-2014, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

So, 2 years ago I did a 2.5 coil lift. I never loosened anything and re-torqued like suggested. Has it been too long to correct this in my case? I have had a slight wobble when braking like the op said, but have foolishly put it off.

Quick Reply: Wobble or ?