Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wiring question

Old 05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring question

I replaced my stock front bumper with the new Body Armor bumper. I am using some aftermarket fog lights. My question is how to wire these up to the wiring loom that goes to the stock light controls on the steering column. There are two wires in the loom, one black and one white. My lights have just one wire in each, red. How do I proceed....
Old 05-08-2007, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use the wires that controlled the stock fog lights. Red is hot and you will need to ground the light from the post if the bumper does not have a ground. Also you will need to run a relay if the power of the new lights are much stronger than the old lights.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK so from the factory loom which wire is which? There is a white wire and a black wire....
Old 05-08-2007, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CommanderJB
OK so from the factory loom which wire is which? There is a white wire and a black wire....

Usually, the black is the ground, but use a test light or meter to confirm.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Black should be ground you will need a relay to control the new lights just use the white wire to power up to new relay to control the new light that way it still turn on like factor fogs do
Old 05-09-2007, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

It sounds like you are over your head on this and may want to get an off road shop to wire them for you. That is not to put you down, but if you screw it up a short can cause alot of damage to one or many computers on your JK.

Quick Reply: Wiring question