Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Wireless Remote for Winches.....Good Idea or Bad Idea
Yeah, man.....Good Idea!!
64.29%
Oh, no.....Bad Idea!!
0%
Oh, well.....I can take it or leave it
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Wireless Remote For Winches.....Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Old 04-30-2008, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wireless Remote For Winches.....Good Idea or Bad Idea?

I was just wondering what everyone thought about wireless remote for winches. Is it a good idea, a bad idea, or indifferent.

Please post your reasons if you would like.....
Old 04-30-2008, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother got the Warn wireless controller a couple months ago....after seeing him use it a couple times, and I got to use it once too....Now I want one!!
I am the one that hard wired it into the winch for him, otherwise they just plug into the same spot as the wired controller, then you mount the little box under the hood somewhere, there is no other wiring to do. It powers itself through the plug on the winch and it automatically turns itself on when you use the remote, then it turns itself off after 2 minutes of not using it, so it doesnt kill the battery.....it is pretty slick!

Quick Reply: Wireless Remote For Winches.....Good Idea or Bad Idea?