Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wire hanger replacement after spray liner

Old 08-08-2009, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wire hanger replacement after spray liner

I'm getting Rhino lined in two weeks. But, I have to gut the JK. I need get the wiring that runs around the upper walls of tub off (to suspend them). Eventually I'll have to get the wire bundles back on the upper edges of the tub wall.
When trying to remove the wire zip-tie thingies that hold the wire bundle up on the tub wall, I can't pull them free from the tub wall, and I think I'm going to break them (or damage the wiring harness).
I'm thinking I might just go ahead and cut the wire hanger, zip-tie things off before getting the JK sprayed, but I don't what those things are called, or where to get them. I've searched for these parts and can't find anything.
Any advice to get the parts I've mentioned, or do you guys know of another method.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

unfortunately I can not help you with their actual name, although, I know you can buy more of them from nearly any auto parts store. Pretty much the same thing as the press in clips for the doors and several of the other press in clips that are holding the wiring harness to the tub......

I am in this same process....Linex should be late this week, hopefully sooner!....

Here is what I did:

I used a pair of needle nose pliers, and just pried them out. Some were hard, some were pretty easy. I did scratch up the paint a little, but I wasn't too worried about that, new paint and the Linex will cover it all....

Check out my build to see how far mine is torn apart....my JK is also getting painted, so there it's pretty much naked...

Good luck, and don't forget to post some pics of the completed job!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I glad you mentioned the trim press in clips, because most of the ones I tore out now mangled to shite. I will two auto stores tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Wire hanger replacement after spray liner