Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winter Tires for my LCG JKU

Old 08-25-2016, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^if I were to move back to snow country (lived in north east Canada for 32 years) I would not hesitate to purchase 34x10.50's ko2's.
I ran 33x10.50 ko's on my Wagoneer (SJ) back in the day and it was an amazing snow machine.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran 34s Duratracs and loved them in the snow and slush. They hydroplane a bit in standing water that is deep than 2" tho but all around a great tire for an AT hybrid. They also are also average in mud.

That being said, I would takr your stock wheels and but on blizzaks on them. No snowflake rated tire can touch a dedicated winter tire's compound and tread traction.

-Shin0bi1
Old 08-26-2016, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

BFG AT KO2s. Wife has them on her jeep and they've performed great.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was searching for solely a snow/ice tire. I'd spend my money on the Geolanders. I haven't run the Geolanders before, but I did run a set of Yokohama Iceguards on my STI in the winter months; I loved them. Geolanders are known to be a good winter tire.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long Island NY checking in

We get a few decent storms and accumulations each winter, and I have 275 70 18 duratracs currently at 64k and change.

Love them handled great till last week. Will order another set tomorrow or next day as time permits. Looking for traction on wet leaves and winter and mine are done. Work well for sand at beach right now.

I know peeps say sidewalk punctures easily. I do t have that concern on sand and snow. Love the tire all over the road and off. No reason to change.

That said, get a dedicated winter tire of you need it for daily snow and ice. Blizzak always did well for me.

FD

Quick Reply: Winter Tires for my LCG JKU