Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Windshield Light Brackets

Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Light Brackets

Tried to do a search on this but the search function is not working. I am looking to add some aux lighting on windshield brackets. Looking at some, such as the KC brackets I am concerned that the lights are tucked inside the windshield pillars a little too much and it would seem as though they would obstruct your view if you had 5-6 in lights on them. I'm looking for opinions on the different brands particularly any that push the light a little more outside the pillars.

Thanks,
Old 06-27-2013, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Warning - I went KC Slimlites with a different bracket that put it further out on the pillars - antenna basically destroyed the light from bashing into it driving down the highway.

I now replaced with KC brackets and am totally satisfied since I just angled them out a little.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:16 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I went with the HIDX brackets for my cheapo Hella 500ff's. No problems with placement so far, and they even come with a bracket for the antenna.

HIDX - Windshield Light Brackets (2007+ Jeep Wrangler JK) | MonsterMarketplace.com
HIDX Jeep JK/TJ Windshield Mounting Brackets
Old 06-27-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Take a look at the Smittybuilt brackets. They place the lights low and more to the exterior.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is anyone running the rigid industries twin light bracket? if so do you like them and who has the better price for them?
Old 06-27-2013, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Smittybilt brackets. I also wanted the down and out style as opposed to up and in. The Smittybilt, Rampage, Rough Trail and Mopar brackets are all very similar. I love the visibility and the look. The only caveat to any outward style of bracket is the antenna will be in the way. They do come with an antenna bracket to hold it away from the light, but I didn't find it very practical at all, and ended up getting a 9" stubby antenna, which tucks perfectly just behind the light.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IR Tools
Tried to do a search on this but the search function is not working. I am looking to add some aux lighting on windshield brackets. Looking at some, such as the KC brackets I am concerned that the lights are tucked inside the windshield pillars a little too much and it would seem as though they would obstruct your view if you had 5-6 in lights on them. I'm looking for opinions on the different brands particularly any that push the light a little more outside the pillars.

Thanks,
You could get a 3D printer and make your own. Here is one that you can download. 2011 Jeep JK Windshield Light Bracket by Grayeyephoto - Thingiverse
I see what you are getting at with the position and view. If you were designing your own you could just extend it out until you get exactly what you want.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

I have the Rugged Ridge brackets and really like them. They use a rubber gasket, which help to protect the paint. I have been using these for a few years and last year I added the XHD snorkel and take the brackets off with quick detach plugs when running my high intake snorkel. The paint still looks perfect underneath.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JKUR1.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	472474Click image for larger version

Name:	RR Snorkel 3 Front Side View.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	472471Click image for larger version

Name:	RR Snorkel 1 Top View.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	472472
Old 06-27-2013, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IR Tools

Thanks,
The IT folks are working on the search issue. Sorry for the interruption.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks all, especially for the pics. I think I'm leaning towards the Smittybilt, Rough Trail style brackets.

Quick Reply: Windshield Light Brackets