Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

window wind/rain deflectors?

Old 07-27-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironside
I prefer the In channel. These are AVS. Here in the Northwest....It can pour in August. To each their own. If I lived in a drier climate I wouldnt need to worry about rain...........The secret to the in-channel gaurds is to clean the inner window liner really good with alcohol before you apply them. The 1 ton in the background is going on 11 years now.
Do you have power windows? Just wondering if they could stick or jam when all the way up....of course you don't have to put them all the way up now
Old 07-27-2011, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I love em'

I've had the in channel type on my Jeep for 30K and my Suburban for 74K with no issues. I live in Louisiana and always crack my windows to keep it cool. I would recommend them.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:26 AM
JK Jedi

i have the avs stick on ones... two reasons i went with stick on..

1. my last CAR had in channels, and the window never went up right because of the window guard in there.

2. the rear small glass on the 4dr doesnt get covered with an inchannel, and for me that was the deal breaker.
stick on extends covering both glass pieces.

so i recommend stick on AVS brand! they've been making these for years.

there very sturdy also.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greggnj
Do you have power windows? Just wondering if they could stick or jam when all the way up....of course you don't have to put them all the way up now
I have 2 sons. one is 12 the other is 4. Power windows are a must. I just pinch their fingers in there when I have to go into the store.........No probs with the added material from the Vent visor's either!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ironside

I have 2 sons. one is 12 the other is 4. Power windows are a must. I just pinch their fingers in there when I have to go into the store.........No probs with the added material from the Vent visor's either!
Thanks for the tip. I'll try that if my daughters get out of hand..
Old 07-27-2011, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Girls hands are a little bit slippier.....try putting sandpaper up in the channels for better grip..........just say'in.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed my in-channel venvisors today and have to leave the windows up till tomorrow afternoon to get the full 24 set period out of the way. I had a problem installing the driver's side window b/c I put them in too deep and the window (I have power windows) would pinch the visor and not go up all the way. I figured it out on the right window and it went up all the way no problem. I'm really looking forward to these and hope they live up to the hype haha.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rinkishJK

2. the rear small glass on the 4dr doesnt get covered with an inchannel, and for me that was the deal breaker.
stick on extends covering both glass pieces.
My rear door little windows don't open, so I figured they don't need vents.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had the AEV in-channel Venvisors on my trucks and it was the first mod on my '08. I've already purchased a new set for my '12. No problems with the in-channel at all. I like being able to leave the windows cracked and not worry about those unexpected showers that tend to pop up. Leaving the windows open also helps to reduce the heat buildup a little on these really hot days we're having.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:22 PM
JK Junkie

stick on avs ones, if you want the residu gone when you remove them use lighter fluid or goo gone. and wash it off after you've gotten the residue off. I have had them on all of my cars, trucks and have never had them leave marks. I prefer the stick on because they are easier to get snow off of in the winter up here in the NE.

Quick Reply: window wind/rain deflectors?