Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

window wind/rain deflectors?

Old 07-25-2011, 08:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default window wind/rain deflectors?

What does everything think about Wade Automotive in-channel wind deflectors? junk? decent? i was thinking about ordering them from quadratec
Old 07-26-2011, 05:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I've always prefered the ventvisors that stick on. I've had them on every truck and suv I've owned and now my jeep. No worries about sticking, I've had sets that lasted 8+ years with no problems. Even if they did come loose you can put on new 3M double sided tape.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mowers 039.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	186308  
Old 07-26-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already catch enough crap about my full door Rubi, bc apparently a Jeep isnt supposed to have doors or a top, so I couldnt imagine putting vent visors on......
However, I could care less what they say, and like Ive seen many on here mention, make it your own.....that being the case, Ive always liked Vent visors
Old 07-26-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Freak

Default Preferred

I use them because I like to be able to crack the windows in the summer time without getting rain in it. I had issues on a F150 power windows and the inchannel. It put a bind on the motor. I converted them to stick on with some 3M tape. Otherwise I have always used the stick on.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Location: Simi Valley, Ca., Taylorsville, Ut. and places in between

One of the first additions I did to mine wa add the visors.
I went with the inchannel simply for the fact that, IMHO, they would be easier to replace.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by lowendrider
I've always prefered the ventvisors that stick on. I've had them on every truck and suv I've owned and now my jeep. No worries about sticking, I've had sets that lasted 8+ years with no problems. Even if they did come loose you can put on new 3M double sided tape.

the tape though, doesn't it leave marks on the paint? yea i know, i know. i drive a jeep. its gonna get scratched, plus chicks dig body damage right? lol but i still like it to look good
Old 07-26-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

I had them and took them off. I'm not tall by any measure, 5'11", and I couldn't get my head out the window to see where the tires were going.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PAwrangler08

the tape though, doesn't it leave marks on the paint? yea i know, i know. i drive a jeep. its gonna get scratched, plus chicks dig body damage right? lol but i still like it to look good
You won't see any tape marks if your keeping them on your Jeep.... I love mine especially cracking the windows to let some air in on hot rainy days....
I first bought the in channel ones but one cold day doing up my window CRACK so I returned them and have the ones with tape..... 3yrs no problem. And as mentioned above 3M tape if you ever need to re-stick em.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-361044546.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	186611  
Old 07-26-2011, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I prefer the In channel. These are AVS. Here in the Northwest....It can pour in August. To each their own. If I lived in a drier climate I wouldnt need to worry about rain...........The secret to the in-channel gaurds is to clean the inner window liner really good with alcohol before you apply them. The 1 ton in the background is going on 11 years now.

Last edited by Ironside; 07-26-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by PAwrangler08
I think if you decided to take them off, a little goo be gone or similar product would take off any residue. You'd never know they were there.

Quick Reply: window wind/rain deflectors?