Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wind?

Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wind?

So yesterday I was driving down the road it was raining and pleanty of wind while I was driving my hard top or just the two pieces in front kept ratiling in the front any idea why it rattles do I need something to keep it from rattiling everythings in place just missing the rubber seal for one of the cips that holds in place if that really help?
Old 09-27-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Freak

Did you put the threaded knobs back into the rollbar when you put the Freedom panels back in?

Mine will make noise on the highway if I leave them out.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

did you put the little black leveling thing down on the 2 freedom tops? I had s noise that was driving me nuts. I sprayed the hinges, etc etc. then I noticed those 2 little things when I went to reseat the tops. I didnt even know they existed. I flipped them down boom no more squeaks!

sent from my Samsung using tapatalk

Last edited by mgoony; 09-27-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Freak

Nice where are the located at?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they are what I am thinking, they are two little blocks that swivel.

If you mount the two panels they are located at the back and are used when you want to install only the front panels without the back hard top. They compensate for the hard top's thickness.

In my case, my hard top was rattling and I noticed that several of the screws that hold them in place were loose. After some tightening everything is fine again.

You may want to try loosening yours and wiggling it a little bit to see if it seats better.

My is a 2007 and is perfect, no wind or leaks. And I seldom install those bolts that lock the panels and the back together.

Cheers!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick
If they are what I am thinking, they are two little blocks that swivel.

If you mount the two panels they are located at the back and are used when you want to install only the front panels without the back hard top. They compensate for the hard top's thickness.

In my case, my hard top was rattling and I noticed that several of the screws that hold them in place were loose. After some tightening everything is fine again.

You may want to try loosening yours and wiggling it a little bit to see if it seats better.

My is a 2007 and is perfect, no wind or leaks. And I seldom install those bolts that lock the panels and the back together.

Cheers!
Awesome thanks will do

Quick Reply: Wind?