Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winches winches winches??????

Old 05-11-2014, 05:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Warn M8000S is really nice and I used it to pull my JKR manny of times of deep mud. However, like others have said I think I am going to try out an engo on my new jeep because of the money and the limited amount of time I actually used my last winch and the money it cost me (899.99).
Old 05-12-2014, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Bro I have the nike winch it pulled me thru a brick wall all the girls were loving me you don't even know. And it was made in America wow
Old 05-13-2014, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you live in canada and use your winch in winter, you have no choice to go with a warn premium or ultimate.

all other winches won't keep up.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
A couple years ago I bought a Warn 9.5cti on ebay. I waited and waited and shopped around. Finally, the Warn came up for sale at $750 brand new shipped. It came with steel cable, but for that price I bought it. It has been on my TJ and now resides on my JKU. I've only used it a few times, but when I did it worked great. So, figure out what you want and then be patient for a good deal.
YUP..I kept an eye on Ebay, Just got my 9500cti for $699 with free overnight shipping. Was actually sold by a Jeep dealer and came in an unopened brand new box.......what a friggin fine deal.
Warn 9 5 CTI Winch Thermonmertic 9500 lb Line Pull | eBay
Old 05-13-2014, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Engo 9000 with synthetic cable paid $405 from Northridge 4x4, but that because I bought my Poison Spyder Brawler Lite at the same time. ive had it 2months an have used it 9 times 6 for pulling out other people and 3 for myself. its a noisy bastard but it pulls with ease. I used it once pulling the bobcat on our hunting club out of the creek it got stuck in going to repair some roads on the other side of the property, I used an ARB snatch block though lol.

dnt think you can go wrong with an engo
Old 05-13-2014, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am always amazed at threads like this. Would any of us start a thread with a title like “I want to buy car insurance but I want it to be really cheap and it may not work if it rains or I really need it”.

We put winches on our jeeps for when things go really really BAD. Do the world a favor and buy a good oversized winch, snatch block, straps and some extra D-rings. Just because your Jeep only weighs 5K does not mean a 8K winch will get you out of trouble. When I get stuck I am usually in a ditch, downhill and in mud. I never get stuck on flat pavement.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

I think it's more along the lines of "I have x budget, I can't afford the $1200 winch, what's a good alternative that's better than no winch?" Sort of like the concealed carry argument (no, I'm not looking to start that one either) - you'll see threads all day long about "why would you carry a .38/9mm/whatever, when you could have a .45" - and be answer is that the .38 you have with you is better than the .45 you left at home because it was too hot/heavy/whatever. A $400 Engo you can afford is going to be better than the $1200 Warn you didn't buy. Just good for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2014, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DaveJKU
I think it's more along the lines of "I have x budget, I can't afford the $1200 winch, what's a good alternative that's better than no winch?" Sort of like the concealed carry argument (no, I'm not looking to start that one either) - you'll see threads all day long about "why would you carry a .38/9mm/whatever, when you could have a .45" - and be answer is that the .38 you have with you is better than the .45 you left at home because it was too hot/heavy/whatever. A $400 Engo you can afford is going to be better than the $1200 Warn you didn't buy. Just good for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you spend 400$ on a winch that won't work when you will need it, it is 400$ throwed in the garbage.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you spend $800 on a winch you never use it is $800 thrown in the garbage
Old 05-13-2014, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WARLOCK
If you spend 400$ on a winch that won't work when you will need it, it is 400$ throwed in the garbage.
The $400 Engo out performed the$1200 winches in extensive tests so I would argue that if you spend the extra $800 for a name that you might as well throw it in the garbage. On year 2 of my Engo and have used it extensively without issue.

Quick Reply: Winches winches winches??????