Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winches winches winches??????

Old 05-09-2014, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple years ago I bought a Warn 9.5cti on ebay. I waited and waited and shopped around. Finally, the Warn came up for sale at $750 brand new shipped. It came with steel cable, but for that price I bought it. It has been on my TJ and now resides on my JKU. I've only used it a few times, but when I did it worked great. So, figure out what you want and then be patient for a good deal.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

I have a smittybilt xrc12 and have been using it for four years to pull my jeep, others jeeps, logging some property I have, a few winter recoveries, and even pulled out a loaded peterbilt single axle dump. I have steel cable because I drag logs frequently.
The steel came in handy when I broke my front 44 housing in two. I fished the cable through the upper c across to the other upper c and back to the bumper, and tightened holding the two pieces together enough to drive out under its own power.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

Usually I buy made in USA products and usually I buy top of the line, but when it came to the winch, I went with the Engo 10000s. I wanted a winch just for the peace of mind aspect since i dont wheel every weekend and i just couldn't justify spending 2x or 3x more for a Warn or Ramsey. I've only pulled one person out in the 3 months I've had it and may go another 3 months before I use it again.

No doubt that there are better winches out there but for the $$, I chose to roll the dice on the Engo.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bronc
Usually I buy made in USA products and usually I buy top of the line, but when it came to the winch, I went with the Engo 10000s. I wanted a winch just for the peace of mind aspect since i dont wheel every weekend and i just couldn't justify spending 2x or 3x more for a Warn or Ramsey. I've only pulled one person out in the 3 months I've had it and may go another 3 months before I use it again. No doubt that there are better winches out there but for the $$, I chose to roll the dice on the Engo.
Engo is a great winch. You didn't make a bad choice at all. Actually almost beat warn in a comp one top magazine put on
Old 05-10-2014, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikepov
IM lookin to buy a winch i dont wanna spend 1500 ....any recommendations for a good one i dnt mind spending money for quality u get wat u pay for but r the name brand expensive ones really worth it .... Please help
I purchased 2 of the Quadratec winches & they work great.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:16 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with quadratecs q11000. I liked that you can replace every part, and comes with a good warranty
Old 05-10-2014, 10:35 AM
JK Freak

I also went with an Engo 9000 syn winch. Reviews were excellent, and I know a couple if folks with this winch in this or other sizes. I haven't used it yet, and I'm not sure when I will, since I seldom get stuck, and when I do it's just easier to get yanked out with a strap. Peace of mind, and it looks more badass. Lol.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:21 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I am running a 14 year old Warn 9500. It could use some paint and cleanup from being uncovered for most of that time, but it still pulls strong every time I need it. One great point in Warns favor is that 20 or 30 years down the road, they are still there to support their winches. Probably aren't many other winch companies that you can say that about.

But, if I were in the market today, I would take a hard look at a few of the newer, lower priced alternatives. Lots of great reviews on Engo and a few others.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
A couple years ago I bought a Warn 9.5cti on ebay. I waited and waited and shopped around. Finally, the Warn came up for sale at $750 brand new shipped. It came with steel cable, but for that price I bought it. It has been on my TJ and now resides on my JKU. I've only used it a few times, but when I did it worked great. So, figure out what you want and then be patient for a good deal.
x2 I came across a Warn Zeon 10 for $750 on Amazon and there was a $100 rebate, so total cost was $650. Deals are available if you look for them.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AnvilX14
I bought through the same seller, he sells them every week or two for $699. I snagged one about a month ago, added a rope and I'm good to go.

Quick Reply: Winches winches winches??????