Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winches

Old 01-14-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winches

I need a bit of help trying to decide on getting a winch and air compressor, without paying out my back side. I looked at the Warn DP that is nice but really out of my budget. If anyone can recommend a good winch and air compressor please let me know.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Smittybilt doesn't make a winch compressor combo, I called and asked a while back cause that's what i wanted.
They built it up to the development stage and didn't like the way the piping was in the air compressor so they took it out and put it back on the drawing board. Told me the new release date was probably around March/April time frame of this year (2011).

Now on the upside amazon finally got there deal back for the Superwinch EPi9.0s which is an awesome winch(deal is for 706 right now). Combine that with the ARB air compressor and that's only about 900-950, which is a much better price than 1600± some depending on where you get it from for the Warn Powerplant HD/HP.

Hope this helps

-Zach
Old 01-14-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ECHO
Didnt know they discontinued the XRC-10 HD .. I saw them early last year
I was on the back order list for that winch/compessor from smittybuilt. I talked to some people from 4wd and they told me that it was pulled and they didn't know if it was ever coming back. I'm tired of waiting so I am looking for the two seperate items.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you looking for a combined unit only? If not, the Recon Winch is gaining some popularity at <$500 with synth line and a 10.5k pull it's a bargain. To see more goto truckandwinch.com or search on this forum.
With the saved bucks you can get a separate ARB compressor.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Phantasm
Are you looking for a combined unit only? If not, the Recon Winch is gaining some popularity at <$500 with synth line and a 10.5k pull it's a bargain. To see more goto truckandwinch.com or search on this forum.
X2 on that
Old 01-14-2011, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Phantasm
It's a good idea. I already have the ARB compressor and am waiting to put my recon winch on. Like he said, it's getting some rep. Not much, but give it time.
On a side note, I don't think you can go wrong with the ARB compressor, even if you were to get the winch later on. It's nice not having to look for places to put air in your tires.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:38 PM
JK Super Freak

X4. I just put my recon winch on and love it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1216328237.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	117627  
Old 01-14-2011, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would definitely go with ARB on the compressor and keep the winch separate. Northridge still has a kit with the bracket to mount in the engine compartment for less than $300. It came with everything.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

x2 on the northridge arb compressor. I would run separate systems
Old 01-14-2011, 09:54 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by mattonline
I would definitely go with ARB on the compressor and keep the winch separate. Northridge still has a kit with the bracket to mount in the engine compartment for less than $300. It came with everything.
5% off sale going on (or was a few days ago, anyway). Got it for $256.45 shipped. Couldn't pass it up...

compressor
air inflation kit
bracket

Quick Reply: Winches