Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winch suggestions???

Old 08-05-2012, 04:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by williamsc75
Looking for a winch. Anyone have one they are happy with? Got stuck in mud last night.
What the crap, dude?!?! Looks like you you just put it in neutral, rolled it in and gave up! There's no mud slung anywhere and the waters up to your doors?

#1 - get some tires if you plan on doing that kind of thing, and not get stuck

#2 - lift choice is up to you. I suggest get one before you drown

#3 - get on the freakin gas! You're not in a big heavy tractor. Clear out the tires.

I would only buy a winch now if you just enjoy running a winch. Those tires you have will let you down in that slop every time. You MAY could spin out of it, but you have to try first.

To answer your question, I'm using a Smitty XRCcomp 10,000lb and have been pleased so far. It proved itself and the mount on its first trip out.

Good luck!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I got her out if a huge hole last night. Just worked the wheel and 1st to reverse. Just keep an eye on your temp.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120805_091929.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	349566  
Old 08-05-2012, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tonka_yellow
I got her out if a huge hole last night. Just worked the wheel and 1st to reverse. Just keep an eye on your temp.
Well done.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it was stuck for awhile you probably want to change your differential and transfer fluid. I would also think about extending your breather hoses (axle, transfer case, maybe transmission).
Old 08-05-2012, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rooster76
If it was stuck for awhile you probably want to change your differential and transfer fluid. I would also think about extending your breather hoses (axle, transfer case, maybe transmission).
Thanks! I definitely will.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Quadratec Q11000. Great winch, fast, low power draw, low cost. It's amazing for the price... I've had Warn winches before and this one is up there as well.

Quick Reply: Winch suggestions???