Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winch Selection

Old 08-14-2008, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Read this

This helped me make my decision an easy one.

http://www.moabjeeper.com/articles/g...?articleID=353

Ty
Old 08-16-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tdshepard
winch depot has a better price on the M8000 because they ship for $9.95 and no tax.

Do they not add any extra handling fees or anything like that?
Old 08-16-2008, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I picked up a Warn M8000 in Orlando today for $500. out the door. I was looking for a Superwinch but none at the show. Now to order the mount plate for the stock bumper.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a EPi 9.0 Superwinch but I really like the Warn 9.5xp. I know that both are great winches but when you look at the price and features I went with Superwinch.

Reasons for the Superwinch. $560
Low Price for a High end quality winch,
Fast line speed- Powerful - Waterproof Contactor- Low Amp Draw - External Brake Great for Synthetic line -Great Warranty -Snatchblock - 125ft. cable - well built thimble

Warranty and Solenoid details:

"The Best Winch Warranty in the Winch Industry:
Limited Lifetime on winch mechanicals, 3 years on the switching solenoid, and 1 year on the remainder of winch electrical components
Superwinch builds exceptional quality, and value into every product we build. It was the development of the EP series that has brought our company to a new high in value and has prompted us to increase the warranty on the EP series, among others. EP winches have features that our competitors cannot match, even at nearly double the price!

Our exclusive solenoid, with its silver-alloy contact pads, thick copper buss bars, and submersion-quality sealed construction, make it clearly unmatched in the winching industry. It is simply the most reliable solenoid in the industry, so thousands of off-roaders can now enjoy the trail, worry-free. Our confidence in this product allows us to extend the electrical warranty on these solenoids to 3 years. Spare solenoids are not needed with a Superwinch EP or any of the other Superwinch products that carry this exclusive component."
Old 08-18-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Do they not add any extra handling fees or anything like that?
No. Winch Depot is really a sub part of 4 wheel parts (but cheaper on winches) so they have 7 shipping warehouses. I live in Az and paid $9.95 for shipping and no tax, beating every internet price on warn M8000 that I could find. $522.90 total...........
Old 08-18-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tdshepard
No. Winch Depot is really a sub part of 4 wheel parts (but cheaper on winches) so they have 7 shipping warehouses. I live in Az and paid $9.95 for shipping and no tax, beating every internet price on warn M8000 that I could find. $522.90 total...........
I found that out. I have one on the way.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

M8000, IMO, is the way to go. Time tested and proven. And as far as lookin for a good deal, you get what you pay for! Just my

Quick Reply: Winch Selection