Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winch Mount for Stock Bumper

Old 12-10-2011, 07:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch Mount for Stock Bumper

Have a 2010 2-DR Rubicon. I'm looking to mount a winch on my stock front bumper. Any recommendations? Pictures or links? Thanks
Old 12-10-2011, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Warn makes one specifically for the JK stock front bumper it is a VERY thorough mount setup but, at its pricing you might just as well get a custom bumper!!!

Just Google: Warn JK winch mount you'll spot it quite quickly (I'd post a link but, I can never get this dang computer to copy and paste (my wife's mac, I'm not accustomed to the one button touch pad, lol!!!))

Last edited by BLACKJKUR; 12-10-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

Ya. The warn plate is around $350+.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Damn, $350? Deffinately make more sense to buy a custom bumper. I just want to be able to still use my stick fog lights. And I think a cut down stock bumper will be lighter than any after market bumper. Any thoughts on that? I was also thinking about a stinger but again, stick fog light compatable and winch
Old 12-10-2011, 09:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bobafetske
Damn, $350? Deffinately make more sense to buy a custom bumper. I just want to be able to still use my stick fog lights. And I think a cut down stock bumper will be lighter than any after market bumper. Any thoughts on that? I was also thinking about a stinger but again, stick fog light compatable and winch

MANY companies make bumpers that keep your stock fogs!!! Weight, yeah, the stock will probably be lighter (though I'd reckon not by much once you add enough beef to it to handle a winch) BUT, an aftermarket bumper will be a much stronger!

Poison Spyder, Hanson, LOD, AEV, ARB, Smittybilt, Rugged Ridge, Shrockworks, and tons more manufacturers make bumpers that keep the stock fogs, have a stinger (or at least a brush guard hoop), and mount a winch.

Quick Reply: Winch Mount for Stock Bumper