Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winch Hoop or Not??

Old 03-24-2008, 02:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Winch Hoop or Not??

Ok - I have decided on my new front bumper - the LoD midwith winch mount with the cutouts for the fog lights.

My next decision is to get it with the winch hoop or not - I'm very un-decided - Will be doing some trails at Uhwarrie and maybe Telico - can't see much more than that - Any pros/cons to going w/wo the winch hoop? Any and all input is appreciated.

Lastly - LoD is offering either the d-ring mounts as bolt on's or as stud mounts - The reason for going with bolt on's was that - according to LoD - the stud mounts were sometimes a bit harder to put on - that being said - from an appearance stand point - any preferences one way or another?

tia!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

I like it with the hoop.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Talking I like the hoop, too

Mine has the hoop:

Old 03-24-2008, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by john98026
Mine has the hoop:

Very nice - quick question - did you have any trouble mounting the bumper - When I asked the guys at Lod about either the bolt on d-ring mount our the stud mount like yours - they said that there had been some complaints that the stud holes in the jeep did not always line up exactly and had to be reamed out some to get them to fit - did you have this problem - I think I like the look of your better - vs- the bolt on d-ring mounts - but then again - not sure :-)

thanks
Old 03-24-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Arrow No problems

I didn't have any problems at all installing the bumper. The only slight concern was the complete lack of directions to install the hoop but hey, I am a smart guy
Old 03-24-2008, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not go with the hoop as I do not have a need for one. I do like the looks of one but as I stated, really no need for me. As to the welded studs versus the bolt on, I went with the bolt on and upgraded to grade 8 bolts. Installation was really simple. As I also had the Superwinch at the time, I had a load lifting it up into place by myself. Would recommend you get someone to help lift it in place.

Quick Reply: Winch Hoop or Not??