Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

winch and front bumper

Old 01-19-2011, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default winch and front bumper

I will be installing my ORFAB front bumper and Superwinch in the next week and wonder what my front will drop. I'd like to install the front spacers at the same tIme. Given I have a 3.25 lift and the front is still slightly raked, would a 3/4 be good or 1 inch?

Appreciate the comments.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeep2007
I will be installing my ORFAB front bumper and Superwinch in the next week and wonder what my front will drop. I'd like to install the front spacers at the same tIme. Given I have a 3.25 lift and the front is still slightly raked, would a 3/4 be good or 1 inch?

Appreciate the comments.
I installed an AEV bumper & a warn 9.5ti winch. to give me the rake I liked, slightly lower in the front, I used a 1 3/4" coil spacer in the front and a 1" coil spacer in the back. This gave me a 1" lift over stock and corrected the stock higher in the front look.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

I have the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift and I used my Rubi shocks with extensions. I also put a 1" spacer in the front, and my front end was higher than the back until I installed my Benchmark Elite front bumper and the Warn 9.5it winch. Now is sits pretty well level with the back. Not sure what it would have done if I had not put in the spacer. Bought my kit from ORW in San Diego and he recommended the 1" spacer when I bought the kit. Glad I listened to him now

Quick Reply: winch and front bumper