Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winch dilemma

Old 06-20-2014, 01:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch dilemma

I have a new warn 9000i winch that I've owned for a couple of years and never opened the box. Bought it for my last jeep and sold the jeep before I had a chance to install. I now have the opportunity to buy a 9.5cti warn for the same price I could sell mine for. Are the 9.5's better sealed for weather exposure and all, or is there really not that much difference? I like the looks of the 9.5 over the 9000, but I don't want to go to the trouble of selling mine if there isn't really much difference. Any help would be appreciated. This will be going on my '12 JKU.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:40 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone?
Old 06-21-2014, 08:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you jumped on their site to look at the specs?

And, I struggle to see why you think you would get the same $ for your 9k winch as a potential buyer would get a 9.5k winch for. Have you thought that one through?
Old 06-21-2014, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
Have you jumped on their site to look at the specs?

And, I struggle to see why you think you would get the same $ for your 9k winch as a potential buyer would get a 9.5k winch for. Have you thought that one through?
There is a guy locally that has a couple of the 9.5's for $800 new, still in the box. I may not be able to get exactly the same for mine, but I know i can get close, and if the 9.5 is superior, i'm willing to go for it.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:05 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The 9.5 is a newer model, it's the latest and greatest. Faster line speeds. Better weather protection. Why would you not buy it?

And if it sits around for years without ever being used, it'll look prettier than the 9000i...
Old 06-22-2014, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Thats kinda what i'm thinking. With the cost of winch bumpers being so high, it has the potential to sit in the shop for a while. At least it would be a better looking pic on the box!

Quick Reply: Winch dilemma