Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winch controller plug cap

Old 01-30-2012, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch controller plug cap

The tethered plastic cap that covers the plug-in for the controller on my well used Warn 9.5ti finally broke off. Does anyone know where to get another one? I look on the Warn website and they list a part number for it which includes the whole plug assembly too, for $70. I may try to re-engineer a replacement but thought I'd ask the question here first.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:18 AM
JK Junkie

If I was you, I would hassle them and see if they can send you one free of charge. How long ago did you purchase it? Was it a from an approved, authorized dealer for Warn Products?

Usually with a friendly call, it can work wonders.... see what you can do, and whatever happens, I want you to know.....we're all counting on you! hahaha
Old 01-30-2012, 06:00 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

give warn a call and let them know what you're looking for. i have ALWAYS had amazing customer service with them and they've always been eager to send me things like this and that was well before they even asked for a name.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

Well how about that! I got a reply to an email RFI sent to Warn stating that a replacement is in the mail, no charge! I know it's not a big deal, but it sure is nice.

Thanks for the advice FoxRacingJMC and WayOfLife.

Last edited by SP77; 01-30-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Junkie

Good for you dude! It is a big deal, they are a top notch company and it appears their customer service is too. Glad it worked out for you...

Quick Reply: Winch controller plug cap