Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winch and bumper with TF 2.5 BB

Old 01-22-2012, 04:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch and bumper with TF 2.5 BB

I am planning on putting a winch and bumper on the front of my new jk but i was wondering if it would make a difference in level between the front and the back with a Teraflex 2.5 BB spacer lift kit. If it does, how can i solve that issue ? Am i just better to go for a TF 2.5 standard spring lift ? Thank you
Old 01-22-2012, 06:18 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

installing a heavy bumper and winch is like having a medium size person stand on the front of your jeep. needless to say, it will make your front end loose some height. this will be true of which ever kit you get. i personally would recommend that you take a measurement before installing everything and then taking one after. take another measurement to determine how much lift was lost up front and then, if you still feel it's needed, install a pair of coil spacers to make up the difference. you can stack spacers so you're still okay to do this even if you just go the BB route.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
installing a heavy bumper and winch is like having a medium size person stand on the front of your jeep. needless to say, it will make your front end loose some height. this will be true of which ever kit you get. i personally would recommend that you take a measurement before installing everything and then taking one after. take another measurement to determine how much lift was lost up front and then, if you still feel it's needed, install a pair of coil spacers to make up the difference. you can stack spacers so you're still okay to do this even if you just go the BB route.
Thank you. Ill go out with this info and try to make it work ! Im leaning toward the TF 3 in standard lift kit though. I know i wont attempt the rubicon trail with that but do you think that with 35 in tire i could get great trail performance ?

Quick Reply: Winch and bumper with TF 2.5 BB