Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winch Bumper Options

Old 03-17-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch Bumper Options

Here's what I'm looking for - a winch bumper for the JK that lets the winch sit "down" between the frame rails, doesn't have a top hoop and retains the factory fog lights (maybe moves them out on the other side of the frame??). Does anything like this exist - everything I've seen when I searched here either has a huge top hoop and/or no fog lights. I'm just looking for a clean low-profile way to mount up the winch from my YJ that the wife won't object to on the "new jeep"

Also - a way to integrate a tow bar mount into it would be a huge bonus (to flat tow the wrangler)
Old 03-17-2008, 08:01 AM
JK Junkie

Check out the Bumper comparison I think the LoD winch bumper is what you are lookin for though.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rugged Ridge x 2 !
Old 03-17-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Rugged Ridge X3. Mine looks great ... will look better when my RRC Tube mount shows up.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

It all depends on what width of bumper you want. I just ordered one this morning and went with a LOD signature shorty with skid plate for a number of reasons, design, low mount winch, factory fogs, price!! They are excellent to deal and they had no problem removing light tabs from the hoop. I am pretty sure they would build one for you without the hoop! Do a search for the LOD Signature Series Bumper Install from VBS4, this is an outstanding post and will let you have a good look at this bumper.

Quick Reply: Winch Bumper Options