Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winch with BB spacer lift and aftermarket bumper??

Old 07-18-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch with BB spacer lift and aftermarket bumper??

Have a 2.5 RC BB lift. I know there are alot of after market bumpers out there with different weights. ? Is: with a spacer lift and wanting to add a winch and bumper...is upgrading to a spring lift advisable or will the spacer lift hold up good enough to handle the extra weight? Still want to keep the level look too. Add leveling spacers up front??

Thanks everyone.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

The problem is the stock spring. It is going to sag when you add that much weight to it. I would definitely go with a coil lift, or at least stiffer springs up front
Old 07-20-2012, 03:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look under your jeep and read the last two numbers on the front springs. If they read under 17 you can probaly find some 18's on the forum to make up for the weight of the winch. I had 17"s on the front of mine, installed a 10,000 lb synethetic winch, then found some 18's and it picked mine up 1/4 - 1/2 inch. I have a 2012 4 dr.

Quick Reply: Winch with BB spacer lift and aftermarket bumper??