Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winch battery lines?

Old 05-03-2007, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch battery lines?

So the warn instructions were dismal - what's the best routing for the battery leads? I haven't mounted the solenoid yet, but the black is running up over under the grill/over the crossmember, over the intake box, and across to the battery. I realize this doesn't make much sense without pics - but I was thinking maybe one of y'all would be kind enough to post pics of how you ran yours.

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:29 PM
JK Newbie

Oh and I haven't hooked up the lead or anything, its just zipstripped into place. Also, will being that close to the radiator cause overheating problems?
Old 05-03-2007, 06:03 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I get a chance ill post some pics tommorow but I went behind the grill and to the left of the passenger side headlight on up following some other wires that were there. I used some plastic wire cover and zip ties. No problems with the radiator, the winch cables are pretty tough and I wouldn't worry.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

"dismal" is pretty accurate with the instructions...

I routed mine as best as I could and zip tied it. It runs near the radiator, but has not caused a problem so far. Good luck.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:52 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Depending on what kind of bumper you are running, you can always run the leads through the furthest most passenger side grill slot and up through the inside of your engine bay near the headlight. Then follow the edge of your hood line to the batter
Old 05-09-2007, 11:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Didn't have this in mind when I snapped the pics, but you can kind of see my solution here:

There is a sizeable gap just near the lower lefthand corner of the grille (when standing in front of the Jeep) that gets you in to the engine compartment, then I went under the radiator hose and tucked it right down beside the air box and fuse(?) box. The cables were the perfect length to reach the battery this way -- it's as if they designed it for the JK

Quick Reply: Winch battery lines?