Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Winch

Old 03-11-2013, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winch

Any recommendation on a winch for a 2012 2 door? It's my daily driver and weekend warrior. The winch will be used a hand full of times per year at best. What should I go with?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:49 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BlackdogJK
Any recommendation on a winch for a 2012 2 door? It's my daily driver and weekend warrior. The winch will be used a hand full of times per year at best. What should I go with?
I would suggest a 8k synthetic.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check out the Off-Road 101 section, there's a ton of good info in there to read. Opinions on winches are like opinions on tires, bumpers, lifts, etc...everyone has there favorite. You're going to hear that Warn is the best but for the occasional use, I would check out Engo, Smitty and Quadratec. Something in the 8-9K range is good for a 2-door.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BlackdogJK
BlackdogJK,

If you don't plan on winching that much, I recommend a Smittybilt 8000 Comp Series. I has a great price, synthetic winch line, and 8000lb pulling power. That is more than enough to winch you out of any trouble you might get yourself into.

The synthetic line is awesome because if you aren't going to use the winch that much, the steel cable will rust. Then when you do need it, your cable will be dangerous to use. The rope is also safer in the fact that if it were to snap, it won't whip around like cable will, it'll just fall to the ground.

If you have any questions shoot me a PM and I can help you out.

-Zach

Quick Reply: Winch