Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which winch?

Old 12-12-2008, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warn m8000

I would just spend a bit more and go with the Warn M8000. Winch depot for $499 and a lifetime warranty.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cojk
I would just spend a bit more and go with the Warn M8000. Winch depot for $499 and a lifetime warranty.
x2, you can never go wrong with a Warn.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
whats wrong with smittybilt, just out of curiosity?
I'm really not sure that there is anything mechanical wrong the only complaints I have seen are on this forum or other forums were I have been searching trying to decide if I should buy the one I found. What has been talked about is how fast they are rusting, part of the housing were the support bars are over the drum breaking, and the controller messing up. As far as I know no one has had one stop working all together but I just had a bad experience with a cheaper winch and really not sure if I should chance it. If ANYONE has any info on a smittybilt let me know because I found one and will buy it if I can hear some good info on it. Also does anyone know who actually makes them???
Old 12-12-2008, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepnyak
I installed a winch bumper(Mopar) and it looks ridiculous without a winch. Or at least naked. .I'm going with a "budget winch.

Should I go with the $299 Smittybilt? xr8

Or with the $366 Champion 10000

Anyody have likes or dislikes with these?
That's what I have (smitybilt) and no problems, love it. Works when ever I need it. Got mine for the same price and all. Tested it the first day, since I'm out here in Cali, went out into the desert found some dead standing palm tress and pulled em over. F*&^ YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Exclamation No To Mile Marker

Originally Posted by davebloomer
you should also consider the mile marker 8000# (american made) for $399
also, i believe you should leave the http://www off of your non sponsor links due to the rules. but i believe a mod will inform you of this soon enough

I bought a Mile Marker SEC12 in mid-December. Nothing but problems. Any Mile Marker isn't honoring their warranty. I'd be careful going with them.

See my problem here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBHGAwPdVa0
Old 01-29-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm strongly considering the Bulldog 10,000. (bulldogwinch.com). It is yet another wire winch make in china (like the smitty, mile marker, and even tabor). But I really like how it looks, and have read good things about them. Price wise they're about in between the budget models and the warn. Of course that doesn't mean they're any better.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Warn is the big name here and very popular but I'm curious too about T-max and a brand I've just recently found (they might be sucky) Gorilla, seen here: http://www.gorillawinches.com/

Any thoughts on the T-max and Gorilla?

Quick Reply: Which winch?