Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Wilwood brake kit

Old 07-15-2014, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put on the Teraflex Big Brake kit (new slotted rotors, and two piston calipers) not just the big calipers and bracket. I already had the SS brake lines on. First off , these are big, the most important thing to remember is that you have to bleed the ABS, this is either done at the dealer or you have to cycle the ABS by finding a gravel road or wet grass and cycling the system about 10 times. The dealer did mine for free since it was in for something else. Once the ABS was bled they felt like stock with the stock tires (I have 34"). I DID NOT replace the master cylinder on my 2012 and I have no problems. I would recommend these, shop around I bought my kit in the low $600 range free shipping.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:00 PM
JK Super Freak

It's a pricey option but still an option.
http://www.jegs.com/p/Baer-Brake/Bae...71025/10002/-1
Old 07-17-2014, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well now I have to do something. Front caliper froze up. I knew that was going to happen,should of done this a month ago. Abs bleeding? This is odd abs is a wire going to the bearing on the wheel....
Old 07-17-2014, 10:14 PM
JK Super Freak

On Chaotic i did the Teraflex Big Brake kit with master along with braided lines. I was having issues with the 6.2 V8 pushing through the brakes @ stop lights and such. Got really annoying to say the least. Not any longer that is for damn sure! The brakes sure took a LOT of work to "Bed-in" the pads and it took roughly a day to get the pads to really bite on the rotors. But now I put them at the top 5 best mods (headlights still @ number 1) you could do to the JK.

Even on a stock engine with 35's or greater this mod will impress. I am thinking of doing my 2 door. The TF's have a nice finish on them , are serious BEEF , and honestly its such a simple install but I am only speaking on Teraflex's kit on a JK. Now Brembo's on a fox body SN95 converted mustang ....
Old 08-01-2014, 05:23 AM
JK Newbie

So I ended up with the full Baer kit. Front and rear. It was very pricey but hey. Can't put a price on stopping when you want to. Baer was very helpful if I had any questions. Glad I went with this brand.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by burton07
So I ended up with the full Baer kit. Front and rear. It was very pricey but hey. Can't put a price on stopping when you want to. Baer was very helpful if I had any questions. Glad I went with this brand.
Wow very pricey.
Let us know how the install was and how they perform.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ToolManTimTaylor
On Chaotic i did the Teraflex Big Brake kit with master along with braided lines. I was having issues with the 6.2 V8 pushing through the brakes @ stop lights and such. Got really annoying to say the least. Not any longer that is for damn sure! The brakes sure took a LOT of work to "Bed-in" the pads and it took roughly a day to get the pads to really bite on the rotors. But now I put them at the top 5 best mods (headlights still @ number 1) you could do to the JK. Even on a stock engine with 35's or greater this mod will impress. I am thinking of doing my 2 door. The TF's have a nice finish on them , are serious BEEF , and honestly its such a simple install but I am only speaking on Teraflex's kit on a JK. Now Brembo's on a fox body SN95 converted mustang ....

I did TF on a 3.8 with 35's and noticed a big difference. Now If I can convince the boss I need an engine upgrade.

Sent from my fish finder using JK-Forum
Old 08-02-2014, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did the Teraflek and couldn't be happier. I wish I could afford the Baer kit.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by winkelhawk
I did the Teraflek and couldn't be happier. I wish I could afford the Baer kit.
So...you could be happier? Lol
Old 08-03-2014, 01:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

LOL, you got me there. Yes, I could be happier but my wallet wouldn't be happier

Quick Reply: Wilwood brake kit