Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will this work? JKU to JK Swap

Old 07-08-2015, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Will this work? JKU to JK Swap

I have a 2Dr jk with the fold and tumble seats. I never have the back seat in so I don't use this feature. Can I swap the seat brackets for the Front ones in a JKU so I can put tuffy boxes underneath?
Old 01-27-2016, 09:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump for same question. Could one of the four door guys post up an image for comparisons sake?
Old 01-27-2016, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OHjoop
bump for same question. Could one of the four door guys post up an image for comparisons sake?
Sure, here is an image Click image for larger version

Name:	kaTlamBm.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	679414

I'm not really sure what you are trying to accomplish though, you want the front seats from a JKU in the back? If you never used your back and its out wouldn't putting front seats just take up all that space?

The front seat brackets cannot simply go in the rear as the mounting is completely different. You would need to fab up a bracket to make it work. There was a couple folks who did that and posted threads on it if you are willing to search for it. Think they called it a jump seat or rear captain chair in a jk
Old 01-27-2016, 10:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think he's saying he wants to put the front seats form a JKU into a JK. This way he can use the underseat storage made for the JKU front seats.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed. I don't know if it will work. But yes he is asking if he can put the front seat brackets from a JKU in a JK. The JK has the fold and tumble (actually I think it is more of a tilt forward and slide) feature in the front seats for rear passenger access. He says he doesn't need it since he has his back seat out. The JKU brackets don't do this and will have the space for storage. All that being said, sorry I don't know if it will be a direct swap.

Last edited by bilash31; 01-27-2016 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bilash31
Agreed. I don't know if it will work. But yes he is asking if he can put the front seat brackets from a JKU in a JK. The JK has the fold and tumble (actually I think it is more of a tilt forward and slide) feature in the front seats for rear passenger access. He says he doesn't need it since he has his back seat out. The JKU brackets don't do this and will have the space for storage. All that being said, sorry I don't know if it will be a direct swap.
^^ this
Old 01-27-2016, 10:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Ah, that makes sense.

In that case, no. It wont be a direct fit for sure since the front seat brackets are not flat, the one side has a difference in height so if you were to put it on a flat floor for example you would see it wobble around. Plus the bolt holes would not line up.

You would have to fab an adapter up and just bolt it up to new holes in the floor.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why not the seat brackets from an earlier 2 door ? they didn't have that tilt slide feature .
Old 01-27-2016, 04:34 PM
JK Newbie

I have an "earlier" jk and a jku. They are the same brackets. The floor pan on the 2 door and 4 door for front seat area is the exact same part. They are direct swap.

Last edited by 13_gecko_rubi; 01-27-2016 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi
I have an "earlier" jk and a jku. They are the same brackets. The floor pan on the 2 door and 4 door for front seat area is the exact same part. They are direct swap.
I think I finally got it, I feel like a dumbass. Even after reading the explanations I got it in my head that he wanted to put the front seat in the back. I shouldn't forum while working

Quick Reply: Will this work? JKU to JK Swap