Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will Stock Tire Carrier hold 35's?

Old 11-26-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put my 35's on there for a week and decided it wasnt worth the welds on my tail gate.

i had daystar bumpstops and a spacer from either teraflex or rugged ridge, or someone, i dont remember.

i didnt like it. i dont even like how it looks. just too much weight in my opinion!

but yes you can, it works just fine for a while. iv heard people running it for a long time and the tail gate be fine..

but i have also heard people running it for 4 months and having a broken gate
Old 11-26-2010, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been running 35's Duratracs for 7 months now with only a stock carrier. I did buy a carrier spacer from Warrior Products and haven't had any issues with the tailgate. I still watch for large pot holes on the road though. I've also taken my JK offroading a couple of times. Needless to say...no issues yet.

Quick Reply: Will Stock Tire Carrier hold 35's?