Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

will springs lift my jeep?

Old 03-17-2010, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think my wording is bad, i dont really want to lift it any higher than 3.5, i just want it to maintain to the 3.5.

My jeep was 3.5 then i added winch front bumper rear bumper and so on and now sits about 2.5 in the front and 3.0 in the back

i need to upgrade my stock springs any way and was hoping doing so would also lift my jeep back to the 3.5 inch lift that i initially had. what springs should i get and will this work?
Old 03-17-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know on mine I got an inch and a half of extra lift with the 4 door springs. You have aftermarket bumpers and a winch which add weight. You may not yield the same amount of lift as I got because I don't have all the heavy stuff, but it should offset the weight you have and put you closer to where it was before all the stuff. Maybe even just slightly higher. I know the as door springs made I big difference on my x. I'm not sure how big a difference it will make on a rubi. But there is a thread you can search for that lists all kind of part numbers for springs for different Jeeps and you could research it there.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lik said. Get 3" springs and .75"spacers for the front. Will give you a solid 3.5" lift most likely and still keep your rake even.

I have a 2.5" coil from TF and would not want any higher unless I already had 35s
Old 03-17-2010, 05:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven4est
I have the fabtech budget lift and kinda wanted to keep the spacers since there brand new and were like 700 bux, i inherited them with my jeep but id stilll like to keep them............what if i add teraflex 2.5 springs and keep the spacers would that eliminate my sag and still be around 3 inches?
$700 for spacers????? Hey, I got some 4in Superlift springs I'll sell you for $1000
Old 03-17-2010, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

I had a 2.5" BB, then added weight and my stock coils sagged way low. I removed the spacers and installed TF 3" springs, and I sit perfectly level now. If you have a 4 door, get 3" springs, and if you have a 2 door, get 2.5 springs. If you try to add springs and keep your spacers, you will have too much lift and have to get track bars, control arms, driveshafts, etc. Teraflex springs are very heavy duty and are made to hold the weight of bumpers and winch. Their 3" springs will be plenty by themselves.

Bottom line: Spacers out, springs in. Sell the spacers.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to keep your budget boost you can always get a set of springs from the front of a TJ Rubicon. This will give you about 1" and correct for the weight of the bumper and winch.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Littlejon
If you want to keep your budget boost you can always get a set of springs from the front of a TJ Rubicon. This will give you about 1" and correct for the weight of the bumper and winch.
what about using an unlimited Jk rubicon springs? think that would do the same thing? Any idea where id find 4 of those new?
Old 03-18-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steven4est
what about using an unlimited Jk rubicon springs? think that would do the same thing? Any idea where id find 4 of those new?
TJ springs are firmer because the engine is heavier, and placed father forward of the axle. This is the best way to fix it if you have a bumper and winch since it is so far forward of the axle that the TJ springs were designed for.

Quick Reply: will springs lift my jeep?