Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

will springs lift my jeep?

Old 03-17-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will springs lift my jeep?

I have a 3 inch budget lift that uses 3 inch spacers and factory coil springs.

If i were to add the 4 inch teraflex springs or the 3 inch teraflex would that lift my jeep? Can i put these springs in with my current 3 inch spacer?

I added mods and my jeep sags about equally in the front and the back. I want to get at least to where i was before the mods if not higher.

How high can you go before you start having to extend break lines and getting into a bunch of other shit?

THANKS
Old 03-17-2010, 10:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you add 3 inch pucks to Teraflex 4" springs you'll end up with nearly 8 inches of lift.

Seems the Teraflex 4" springs generally yield just over 5" of lift.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:49 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go any higher than you are now and you'll need a buncha crap. Tera 4in will give you 5inches.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:50 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

beat me too it.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:51 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Steven4est
I have a 3 inch budget lift that uses 3 inch spacers and factory coil springs.

If i were to add the 4 inch teraflex springs or the 3 inch teraflex would that lift my jeep? Can i put these springs in with my current 3 inch spacer?

I added mods and my jeep sags about equally in the front and the back. I want to get at least to where i was before the mods if not higher.

How high can you go before you start having to extend break lines and getting into a bunch of other shit?

THANKS
to answer your question about 3" and you need to start adding extra shit
Old 03-17-2010, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you don't want to greatly increase your cost, stick with the 3" springs. The 4" will initially give you 5", and you will end up tearing up drive shafts if you have an automatic. It will sag a bit over time, but the 3" will give you 4" at first and probably settle in at a little over 3". And DO NOT use the spacers with the new springs. If you still sag in the front, get a 3/4" spacer for the fronts.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sell your Spacers
Put in new springs by themselves.
Using money from spacers to buy extra parts required for 4" lift
Old 03-17-2010, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

I have the fabtech budget lift and kinda wanted to keep the spacers since there brand new and were like 700 bux, i inherited them with my jeep but id stilll like to keep them............what if i add teraflex 2.5 springs and keep the spacers would that eliminate my sag and still be around 3 inches?
Old 03-17-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steven4est
I have the fabtech budget lift and kinda wanted to keep the spacers since there brand new and were like 700 bux, i inherited them with my jeep but id stilll like to keep them............what if i add teraflex 2.5 springs and keep the spacers would that eliminate my sag and still be around 3 inches?
I know someone that had the same $700 puck lift running 35's, they took it off sold it and bought the Teraflex 4" lift and couldnt be happier...

With flat fenders and that much lift on 33"s I think it's going to look a bit odd though...
Old 03-17-2010, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have a four door or a two door? I'm not sure what the results would be with your current lift, but I'm running the Teraflex 2.5BB on my 2 door. I scored a set of almost new 4 door Rubicon springs and shocks from a 4 door Hard top tow package rubi. Just adding the springs and shocks gave me a solid inch and a half of extra lift I'd say. The rid is a little stiffer but not uncomfortably so and it still flexes very well with the sway bar disco-ed.

Quick Reply: will springs lift my jeep?