Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will it rub?

Old 02-16-2015, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, it will definitely rub. Consider possible damage also.

On a side note: if you are considering 37s know that it will take a lot more than just a small lift to make 37s work.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alpine Jeep
Thanks. Sounds like 35s are in order then?
they will be cheaper to replace and fro initial set up. Running 37's will fatigue stock axles, particularly off road. 35's, you can run with the 2.5" and be ok. This also won't have an effect on your geometry. You bump to 37's, you will want at least 4" and now you're looking at more mods that just lift.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for the great responses. I will shop for some 35's. Unfortunately the seller will not make a sale today, but I at least know a bit more about what I need. I have been in the market for 35's with some rims for some time, but when this local deal came up with 37's I thought .... what the heck, 2 inches more shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Kudos to the forum member who advised me to ask about it instead of just making a quick sale.

Quick Reply: Will it rub?