Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

will my tpms form stock rims work in after market wheels???

Old 03-18-2012, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 18" Ballistic offroad rims accepted the stock TPMS.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My stock TPMS worked in my Mojave wheels. I did need a rebuild kit, since the seals have to be broken on the TPMS in order to switch them over. It was like only 12 bucks anyways.

I am not sure if tpms will work on bigger wheels, but I know they work on smaller wheels.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
My stock TPMS worked in my Mojave wheels. I did need a rebuild kit, since the seals have to be broken on the TPMS in order to switch them over. It was like only 12 bucks anyways.

I am not sure if tpms will work on bigger wheels, but I know they work on smaller wheels.
X2 on the rebuild kit. Not that you absolutely need it but why not replace the worn seals. It's piece of mind for a few bucks.

I have 16" procomp soft 8 steels. OE TPMS from stock 17" akuminum rums fit fine. Took a few miles of driving to get the light to go out after the change over though...
Old 03-18-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

update tpms did work on the new procomp wheels. however now on one tire would balance all the other four where way out of wack freaking 20+ ounces ... WTF
Old 03-18-2012, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

You might want to check and see if they were mounted right. Check for a red dot on the sidewall or some other marking. It is the spot where the manufacturer says the valve stem should be. If its not mounted properly in this area, your wheels will need additional weights
Old 03-18-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheJoker
You might want to check and see if they were mounted right. Check for a red dot on the sidewall or some other marking. It is the spot where the manufacturer says the valve stem should be. If its not mounted properly in this area, your wheels will need additional weights
no red dot or any dot on tire.. they were looking for it. even so, those tires should not be 20+ ounces off no matter where the stem is correct??
Old 03-18-2012, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

No they shouldn't, did you check both sides?
Old 03-18-2012, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

yup.. im so pissed .. even had them reset their balancing machine to make sure something didn't happen when they balanced the first one which balanced perfectly maybe 6 ounces needed. then every tire after was way off..

I guess im gonna have to try one more place. maybe an off road shop or something that has seen this before..

Quick Reply: will my tpms form stock rims work in after market wheels???