Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

will my tpms form stock rims work in after market wheels???

Old 03-17-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will my tpms form stock rims work in after market wheels???

So i purchased after market wheels and tires for my 2012 jk rubicon unlimited. Questions is, will the tpms still work on procomp 1079 15 inch wheels. I went to have the tires swapped today and pep boys was telling me that 90 percent of the time the tpms will not work off of factory wheels on after market wheels, due to the lip on the wheel being different than that of a factory wheel????

Has any body had this issue and will my factory tpms still work on a 15 inch pro comp wheel..

and yes they fit for those who are wondering.. still 3/8 inch or more space between caliper and wheel... they have 3.75 back spacing
Old 03-17-2012, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Im not sure about the procomps but, mine worked on my 15" mb 72's. No problems.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Freak

A real tire store would have told you they would have fit. Pep Boys is not a place I would buy tires for any vehicle except a very old used car
Old 03-17-2012, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheJoker
A real tire store would have told you they would have fit. Pep Boys is not a place I would buy tires for any vehicle except a very old used car

no doubt.. and no i would never by shit from them.. i took my 35 x 12.5 x 15 Mickey's mtz to them for a mount and balance.. thats the story they gave me
Old 03-17-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Mine worked on Helo wheels. 18x9
Old 03-17-2012, 05:54 PM
JK Newbie

Yes, mine survived new rims then new wheels on the new rims.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

I run a tire store and have been doing it for about eight years. I have not ran in to a rim that I could not install the TPMS in. They just don't know what they are doing. Got to a real tire shop and they will make it work.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jleal
I run a tire store and have been doing it for about eight years. I have not ran in to a rim that I could not install the TPMS in. They just don't know what they are doing. Got to a real tire shop and they will make it work.

okay thanks everybody i will be updating the thread later today. for anybody wondering.. thanks again
Old 03-18-2012, 03:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Discount tire told me I need rebuild kits for my tpms. Something about the rubber will not work on my new MB72's, and I was not paying to much attention, because they are in the shed waiting for my current tire to wear out! Going from stock 17's to 16's.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:58 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GunDude
Discount tire told me I need rebuild kits for my tpms. Something about the rubber will not work on my new MB72's, and I was not paying to much attention, because they are in the shed waiting for my current tire to wear out! Going from stock 17's to 16's.
sounds like a sales pitch

Quick Reply: will my tpms form stock rims work in after market wheels???