Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will it look dumb?

Old 06-25-2008, 11:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bly109
There was alot of room, but because of the Rubi tires it didnt look too bad. I dont think I have a straight shot from the side.
Well, the way it looks there, I'd run it that way.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Offroad
jack it up 4" and take some pics, then you'll have an idea on how it would look.
Just in case you still want to kow how it would look:

5"rear and 6.5"front:

Stock:

Last edited by Offroad; 06-28-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bodo
I have received my RC 4" lift and now my adjustable control arms and am anxious to get this installed. I have been trying to picture the Jeep with the stock 32" tires and 17" wheels with the additional 4" of lift and just can't decide if it's gonna look bad or not.
Anyone have opinions (shouldnt be hard to get) or pics (maybe harder) of what this is gonna look like?
If it's gonna look to bad, I'll have to wait awhile longer to buy new tires.
More overtime!
Who cares what it looks like?
What mattewrs is do you like it.

I just put on a set of 28" tires with a 3" T.F lift and it looks stupid as hell.
But I get more response around town and better milage and less where and tear etc.

I just switch to my hiking boots for when I go offroad.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LinkSync
Who cares what it looks like?
What mattewrs is do you like it.

I just put on a set of 28" tires with a 3" T.F lift and it looks stupid as hell.
But I get more response around town and better milage and less where and tear etc.

I just switch to my hiking boots for when I go offroad.

I guess the short answer is "I do". I've been pricing wheel and tire combos to go to 35's and all I can say is "damn"! EXPENSIVE!

Guess that's the price you pay to play
Old 06-29-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Well, if you can get past the fact that there is so much gap, then you'll be fine.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Big D2
Well, if you can get past the fact that there is so much gap, then you'll be fine.
Would you??
I am considering getting the BFG Krawlers in 35x12.50x17. Just don't know which wheels yet. Leaning towards the MT Classic's
Old 06-29-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Our goals of building trucks is function over form.

First, the mods are assest for practicality. Does it improve performace sufficiently to warrant the change. If the answer is yes then we go to the next step.

Next, does the mod have adverse effects on any other sustems? Ex. driveline angles, etc. If no then next step.

PRICE!...yes, everyone has a budget...

And lastly, if it looks good, then it's a bonus.

So to answer your question; YES! I would.

......and there's always a positive note to everything....you will not rub anywhere, and your gas mileage will be super.

Last edited by Big D2; 06-29-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 2dr rubi sits approx 4 1'2 over stock and is still on stock 17/32 rubi tires+wheels,I look at before and after photo's and personally I like the look now and thought it looked kinda homely at stock height.who cares what others think, a lot of people are lifting thier vehicles as cheaply as possible just to put big tires on(like some kinda bling bling contest).I would rather "not look cool"and have my suspension dialed in,all drivabilty issues dealt with then upgrade tires and wheels.your JK might not have tires+wheels yet but will drive down the road straighter and perform a lot better off road than the guys that went dirt cheap with lift so they could put"fancy"tires and wheels on(the term mall crawler comes to mind)
Old 06-29-2008, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rickl
My 2dr rubi sits approx 4 1'2 over stock and is still on stock 17/32 rubi tires+wheels,I look at before and after photo's and personally I like the look now and thought it looked kinda homely at stock height.who cares what others think, a lot of people are lifting thier vehicles as cheaply as possible just to put big tires on(like some kinda bling bling contest).I would rather "not look cool"and have my suspension dialed in,all drivabilty issues dealt with then upgrade tires and wheels.your JK might not have tires+wheels yet but will drive down the road straighter and perform a lot better off road than the guys that went dirt cheap with lift so they could put"fancy"tires and wheels on(the term mall crawler comes to mind)
You all are too nice. Thanks for the responses. I know in the end its up to me if I like the look or not. I was just asking for opinions, which I knew I would get. After seeing some pics from this site, I know I wont be happy for long with the stockers on there so I'm looking for my alternatives for 35's. Don't know yet if I can run them on my stock wheels but I've seen some posts on here in another forum that seems like people are doing it. I've emailed them about this and am waiting on their answers.
Thanks again and this forum is great. You all are the best.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

there is a 35" by 10" fits 17 rim swamper I think it is the SSR model,saw a 4 door with these tires on stock Rubi rims,looked like a good fit and a decent tire.I wouldn't go wider than 10" wide on stock rim

Last edited by rickl; 06-29-2008 at 03:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Will it look dumb?