Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will it look dumb?

Old 06-25-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
That's a mighty good lookin Jeep you got.
Thanks man!

There was some body on here with 5" of lift and stock rubi tires.. I think it was a white jeep. I cant think of his name I know he posted pics too. It really didnt look too bad.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

since you have a rubi it won't look too bad. i ran the stock X tires for a week while i was waiting on my 35s to come in. looked so funky and i got the strangest looks from people. kinda looked like a man wearing his pants too high.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just Do It!

and post some pics
Old 06-25-2008, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bodo
I have received my RC 4" lift and now my adjustable control arms and am anxious to get this installed. I have been trying to picture the Jeep with the stock 32" tires and 17" wheels with the additional 4" of lift and just can't decide if it's gonna look bad or not.
Anyone have opinions (shouldnt be hard to get) or pics (maybe harder) of what this is gonna look like?
If it's gonna look to bad, I'll have to wait awhile longer to buy new tires.
More overtime!

jack it up 4" and take some pics, then you'll have an idea on how it would look.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bodo
I have received my RC 4" lift and now my adjustable control arms and am anxious to get this installed. I have been trying to picture the Jeep with the stock 32" tires and 17" wheels with the additional 4" of lift and just can't decide if it's gonna look bad or not.
Anyone have opinions (shouldnt be hard to get) or pics (maybe harder) of what this is gonna look like?
If it's gonna look to bad, I'll have to wait awhile longer to buy new tires.
More overtime!
It will look stooopid..... I just put on an OME say about 3" and I am so embarrased...I don't think I can drive it and be seen this way....if you feel real bad for me, I'll take contributions for new skins and wheels.....

The Big Boo

Old 06-25-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wheel back-spacing

I put on the Full Traction 4" long arm, then found out the stock Rubicon tires wouldn't fit because of insufficient back-spacing. Now that was embarrassing
And wouldn't you know the new wheels were back ordered too. lol
Old 06-25-2008, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

It will look stooopid..... I just put on an OME say about 3" and I am so embarrased...I don't think I can drive it and be seen this way....if you feel real bad for me, I'll take contributions for new skins and wheels.....

The Big Boo

that pic looks fine too me! not as a permanent thing though.

i think it will look fine. besides you know your gonna get new rims and tires for it anyway. just do it and dont worry about what anyone else thinks. if you didn't want to do it you wouldn't have asked.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:26 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bly109
Here's ours with 3" HD FT spring up front (gave me 4") and a 2.5 Teraflex BB puck in the rear. Not the same as you are doing, but at least it might give you an idea.

Yeah, that doesn't look bad at all, maybe it's just the angle since it's not a straight side shot. I would have thought that there would be a ton of clearance there.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Freak

My brother put a 4inch rancho lift on his 4 door with stock wheels and tires and beleive me it did not look wierd at all but i would be careful driving though but it really didnt look that bad, sorry no pics.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Yeah, that doesn't look bad at all, maybe it's just the angle since it's not a straight side shot. I would have thought that there would be a ton of clearance there.
There was alot of room, but because of the Rubi tires it didnt look too bad. I dont think I have a straight shot from the side.

Edit: I was running 1.5" spacers too.

Last edited by bly109; 06-25-2008 at 11:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Will it look dumb?