Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will I regret getting BFG MT's?

Old 01-16-2007, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what size you're looking for, but if you're looking to stay around the stock size then I'd look into getting some takeoffs from a Rubicon.

I've been extremely impressed with them on our Unlimited Rubi. Haven't had them in any deep mud, but we've had them on for 3 snow storms (including 300+ miles during the CO / KS blizzard / ice storm) a 2000 mile trip to Moab and back (including 3 days running at 20 p.s.i) and haven't felt unstable on any surface, and they're noticable better on wet roads then the regular BFG MT's. (Had the old style MT's on my '97 Ranger for a year an a hafl. I finally changed them out for AT's after the 100th time they kicked me sideways on snow packed roads for no reason.)

We had them siped while in CO and they haven't chunked a bit and they're even better now.

When we replace these I'll probably lift it and go with some 35" TrXus.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the replies. I think I am going to go ahead and get the MT's. I am going to stay with the stock size. I can get 5 of the 255/75R17 BFG MT's for $625 shipped. I am going to sell my Goodyear SRA's for $400. So I really won't have too much into the switch. The BFG AT's would run me close to $1000.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:54 PM
oneslowz28

check out mavis discount tire for the tires $105.00 each plus shipping. Just friendly info i found looking for myself***
Old 09-23-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by arjflyr
I have a Unlimited Sahara I picked up two weeks ago. I love it, but really want to put new tires on it. A neighbor of mine is interested in buying the Goodyear SR-A's from me, so my problem now is just deciding what to put on. I had BFG AT's on my 2000 TJ and really liked them. I think that would be my first choice. However, I can get the MT's off Ebay for about $350 cheaper. Most of my driving will be on the road. Will I regret getting the MT's? I like the look of the MT, but am just worried about how they will perform on the road.
It depends on what you will do with them. I wish I had bought something else because I mostly play on rocks and the do not stick very well and that is also with airpressure less than 10 lbs. i prefer MT/R's.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

It seems that the consensus it the MTs. I know absolutely nothing about tires/wheels or even what the difference is between the MTs and the ATs. If the MTs are the better of the two and a more well rounded tire, then why does DC put ATs on. Lets start me learning. =)
Old 09-23-2007, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the MT's.... Hands down a great tire. Not the best on the rocks, but pretty good with everything else, plus they wear really well.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

See, I learned something new today; all thx to this site.

Quick Reply: Will I regret getting BFG MT's?