Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Will I be getting hit with rocks riding no doors and small flares?

Old 06-17-2015, 11:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It all depends on how "rock" is defined. The smaller they are, the more chance they'll enter through the window, just like small pieces of mud. Strong side wind increases that chance.
A tiny rock in the eye is all it takes to spoil an offroad venture.
Old 06-17-2015, 05:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MDRoots
The real problem I have found is how much water is thrown onto the windshield while driving in the wet
Id agree with this too. I run no rear fender now, but i remember a lot of spray being thrown forward off the rear wheels before.

I've done 60mph down rough gravel roads and have yet to be hit with a rock
Old 06-18-2015, 03:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GJeep
It all depends on how "rock" is defined. The smaller they are, the more chance they'll enter through the window, just like small pieces of mud. Strong side wind increases that chance. A tiny rock in the eye is all it takes to spoil an offroad venture.
Man is that the truth! I definitely wouldn't be doorless without some shades on.

Quick Reply: Will I be getting hit with rocks riding no doors and small flares?