Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

will fixed control arms fit my 4" lift?

Old 10-21-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKred
You want replacement adjustable control arms, that will help you adjust everything properly, especially with 4inches of lift. Let me see if I can dig up a picture that will help explain the different components of your suspension...
The control arm pics you posted are stock control arms and the will work, but not any better than the ones you have. You need to get at minimum one set of adjustable front/lower control arms to correct the caster angle. It will make a huge difference in how the vehicle tracks. Picture a bicycle with the fork straight up and down...it would wander like a drunk toddler on a tricycle which is why you'll notice that a bike fork is at an angle from the hub of the wheel. It's a crude analogy, but the concept of caster is the same. Top Gun Customz on ebay sells Rock Krawler lower control arms for about as cheap as I've seen quality LCAs.

Quick Reply: will fixed control arms fit my 4" lift?